VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Alj Judge Bypassing Hearing

Rate this question

KennyJ

Question

Received reply from lawyer today. I had asked them to ask judge if I could get a decision without waiting for ALJ hearing. Judges office said if change my retro date by a year and half less he would make decision . I signed and faxed letter back. could this mean a favorable decision. I am 80% Tdiu with VA.?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would have asked the lawyer to find out what additional evidence was needed to avoid the waver of a year & 1/2. In otherwords what reasoning is behind the "offer".

After all, that's a fair amount of change.

Received reply from lawyer today. I had asked them to ask judge if I could get a decision without waiting for ALJ hearing. Judges office said if change my retro date by a year and half less he would make decision . I signed and faxed letter back. could this mean a favorable decision. I am 80% Tdiu with VA.?

I agree Chuck but the Judge said he was using tht date because that when VA awarded TDIU. I think it is fair besides I am tired of fighting. I believe by doing that that maybe I will be awarded SSA benefits.

Well it has only been 3 weeks since I signed the waiver and was informed today that the ALJ awarded me SSDI benefits. I know i gave up something but the wait is finally over and I still get 24 months retro. Thanks for all the advice.