VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssd Waiting On Va Records

Rate this question

Scott83

Question

Hey guys,

I'm 100% from VA for Psychosis(nos) and General Anxiety Disorder. I first applied for ssd in January. I went and saw one of their docs, and when i presented him with my story, a letter from my VA doc and a summary report from a navy doc, he agreed with the diagnosis. That was in May.

My case with SSD got moved from one claims adjudicator to another. This woman I have now told me that all I had to do was have my mom complete a survey (since i listed her as a third party), and the day after she got the survey back should would tell me my decision. The survey was returned to her, and now she says shes waiting on my VA medical records. She said she realizes I went to see their (ssd's) doc but that she was trying to get a "more longitudinal view" of the disability.. whatever that means.

Anybody have any feedback on what I should do next? Should I get the VA to mail me a copy of my records and then forward that to social security?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

"doc but that she was trying to get a "more longitudinal view" of the disability.. whatever that means."

The doc is trying to decide how long your disability (for SSA purposes) has existed.

Thinking like a pessimist--

If you were employed (based upon records) during the time that the disability existed, you may be currently employable (by SSA standards).

Thinking like an Optimist--

The doc is trying to determine the effective date of the disability for "award" start date purposes.

Hey guys,

I'm 100% from VA for Psychosis(nos) and General Anxiety Disorder. I first applied for ssd in January. I went and saw one of their docs, and when i presented him with my story, a letter from my VA doc and a summary report from a navy doc, he agreed with the diagnosis. That was in May.

My case with SSD got moved from one claims adjudicator to another. This woman I have now told me that all I had to do was have my mom complete a survey (since i listed her as a third party), and the day after she got the survey back should would tell me my decision. The survey was returned to her, and now she says shes waiting on my VA medical records. She said she realizes I went to see their (ssd's) doc but that she was trying to get a "more longitudinal view" of the disability.. whatever that means.

Anybody have any feedback on what I should do next? Should I get the VA to mail me a copy of my records and then forward that to social security?