VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C File

Rate this question

Lee Mullins

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, you can obtain a copy of your c-file by writing your regional office of the VA. I was advised to NOT request a copy while my claim was active as the process might be delayed due to the file being "pulled." for copying. More experienced people at this site might advise you otherwise. Good luck@

Yes, you can obtain a copy of your c-file by writing your regional office of the VA. I was advised to NOT request a copy while my claim was active as the process might be delayed due to the file being "pulled." for copying. More experienced people at this site might advise you otherwise. Good luck@

thank you i have 100% p&t so i thank i might request it thank you for your help

should you have a copy of your c file?

You can just go to the VA Regional Office where you claim file is at and request it and read it and have them copy what you want. They are usually pretty good about it. :rolleyes:

All veterans should have and maintain a copy of their C File. If you have a copy and file for a new claim then you can request a copy of the new documents produced by the new claim. That way your copy will always (at least it should) match the official C File maintained by the VA.

It depends on the policy of your VARO. Yes, the policy should be the same at all VARO's, but it isn't. In Indy, you now have to put your request in writing and they will mail it to you. You can no longer request a time to come in and view the file. Call the 800# and ask what the policy is for your VARO. You might be able to fax a request in. I requested mine and a week later got a letter from the VARO letting me know it will take some time due to the large volume of requests they have received. I called the 800# and they said they usually like to get them out in 10 days, but right now it is taking about 20 days. I'll let you know when I get it, I requested it on 29 August.

• HadIt.com Elder
All veterans should have and maintain a copy of their C File. If you have a copy and file for a new claim then you can request a copy of the new documents produced by the new claim. That way your copy will always (at least it should) match the official C File maintained by the VA.

Ricky; does this mean that we each should request a copy about once a year or just when something changes, ie. claim or medical condition? thanks,cg