VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blue Water Veterans To Be Rejected

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

Akaka, seems to be a puppet of Larry Craig's or maybe they are both on the same strings. We had hopes that Akaka would be sympathetic to Blue-Water Veterans after Veterans 30+ years of research and suffering. This legislation is not just against Blue-Water Vets, although it has the appearance of such.

It appears that Senator Akaka, under the shadows of the Ferres Doctrine, would disallow Veterans compensation for suffering caused by Chemical Companies who greatly profited from their Senate bought puppets.

This legislation would protect Chemical Companies from digging in to their coffers to compensate their genocidal treatment, of exposed Veterans Victims, as a setup with a time limit for presumptions. This suggest Chemical Companies admissions of crime, but trying to cut their losses through Lobbied legislation without considering facts of Veterans illnesses related to exposure to AO and other chemicals.

This is Senators Akaka's sole un co-sponsored attempt to reject decisions, authority, and assume power of the CAVC (Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims) in an attempt to back-up a pre conceived and forced decision of the Circuit Court.

This excerpt is from PDF linked at Watchdog.org.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/07/nf07/nfSEP07/nf090907-7.htm

CONGRESSIONAL RECORD—SENATE S11213 September 6, 2007

By Mr. AKAKA (by request):

S. 2026. A bill to amend title 38, United

States Code, chapter 11, to clarify that an

award of benefits based on a regulatory presumption

established pursuant to 28 U.S.C.

section 1116 after September 30, 2002, cannot

be made effective earlier than the date the

regulatory presumption was established; and

to clarify that the presumption of herbicide

exposure provided by 38 U.S.C. section 1116(f)

applies only to veterans who served in Vietnam

on land or on Vietnam’s inland waterways

and not to those who served only in waters

offshore or in airspace above; to the

Committee on Veterans’ Affairs.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Stretch I have e-mailed and sent a priority letter to our Mr. Akaka. I am going to copy and paste to this reply. May I strongly suggest that all Veterans get off their duff's and contact Mr. Akaka and their Senators and Representative to protest Senate BILL S-2026.

U.S. SENATE COMMITTEE ON September 10, 2007

VETERANS AFFAIRS

ATTTN: SENATOR AKAKA, CHAIRMAN

412 RUSSELL SENATE BUILDING

WASHINGTON, D.C. 20510

SUBJECT: Sponsorship of Senate Bill S-2026

Senator Akaka: I have been a lifelong Democrat. I read with outrage your sponsorship of Senate Bill S2026. This would negate the decisions of the 9th Circuit Court Decision as well as that of The United States Court of Appeals Decision as regards Haas V. Nichoslson.

I can assure you that as a twenty year Veteran of the United States Air Force that Agent Orange was not only used on the land mass of Vietnam but in the Country of Thailand. I was assigned to Nakhon Phanom Thailand Royal Thai Air Base from August 1969 to August 1970. NKP is located on the Mekong River across from Laos and the Ho-Mihn Trail. The Air Force sprayed the trail with Agent Orange as well as NKP'S perimeter and other areas on base. It made it easy to see enemy insurgents since it was an excellent defoliant of the tropical jungle around us. I have a three year claim that is presently before the Veterans Administration for exposure to the Herbicide Agent Orange. I am presently in the fight of my life against Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma; one of the eleven presumptive cancers cited under 38 CFR 3-309(e).

I personally thought that of the two political parties that the Republicans were the "BAD" Guys but now you and the Democrats are stabbing the Vietnam Era Veterans in the back! Guess you never know who your enemy your enemy is!

Based on your sponsorship of Senate Bill S2026 I will not vote for any Democratic Party candidates in the 2008 National Election or any other election in the future. This statement galls me to write but when you are getting raped you are reluctant to give the rapist a round of applause for the heinous act.

Your assurance that you have re-considered sponsorship of Senate Bill S-2026 will give me reason to re-consider my declination to vote Democratic. Senator we put our lives on line for our country. Please help us and do no harm.

Just a Veteran that has been forgotten

Randall D. Thomas Sr.

Louisville, Kentucky 40250

THIS IS THE LETTER I SENT TO YOU AND EVERY SENATOR AND REPRESENTATIVE ON DECEMBER 7, 2007

December 7. 2006

Honorable Senator Daniel Akaka

US SENATE COMMITTEE ON VETERANS AFFAIRS

412 RUSSELL SENATE BUILDING

WASHINGTON, D.C. 20510

The United States Court for Veterans Claims in a decision dated August 16, 2006 “ Haas vs. Nicholson “ruled that the appellant on appeal from the Veterans Board of Appeals was entitled to a presumption of exposure to the herbicide specifically identified as Agent Orange. It further found that any veteran serving during the Vietnam Era (1962-1975) and who had been awarded the VSM “Vietnam Service Medal” was presumed to have been exposed to the herbicide commonly known as Agent Orange.

The desire of my fellow Vietnam Veterans who served during the Vietnam Era in Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia as well as their territorial waters who have one of the eleven diseases set forth in 38 C.F.R. 3-309(e). be presumed to have been exposed to agent orange and awarded 100% Veterans Administration Compensation.

I propose the decision of The U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims “Haas Vs. Nicholson” be a guide to re-write those portions of U.S.C. 38; 38 C.F.R.; and the Veterans Administration Adjudication Procedure Manual M21-1 by means of new legislation promulgated by the United States Congress.

I have attached the U.S. Court Of Appeals for Veterans Claims decision Haas Vs. Nichoson; National Veterans Legal Services Program additional information on exposure to agent orange.

Randall D. Thomas Sr.

Edited by rthomass

NVLSP was worked too long and hard for Nehmer and Haas to see some dope try to put it all into the crapper.

Congressmen-women and Senators can be asked by anyone- any citizen of the USA to propose a bill.

I dont think Akaka has a clue on what this issue involves.

Hadit members this is a very serious action that requires your serious attention. Your Veteran Brothers need your support......so even if you never were exposed to Agent Orange....write a letter protesting the fact that we are all about to get the shaft.

Edited by rthomass