VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims File Transferred?

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

I just got off the phone with the AMC and the VA 800 number status lines and they both are telling me that my claims file has been temporarily transferred to the West Los Angeles Medical Facility. This is the same facility where I had my C&P exam in Oct 2006.

Anybody know why my claims file would be transferred to this medical facility?

Has this happened to others?

Happy Trails

Paul

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Venturing an educated guess, I'd say they are asking for a clarification of something in the '06 exam report or are requesting a current C&P exam or maybe both. jmo

pr

I just got off the phone with the AMC and the VA 800 number status lines and they both are telling me that my claims file has been temporarily transferred to the West Los Angeles Medical Facility. This is the same facility where I had my C&P exam in Oct 2006.

Anybody know why my claims file would be transferred to this medical facility?

Has this happened to others?

Happy Trails

Paul

• HadIt.com Elder

Hurryupnwait,

Sounds to me like Dean at the National Level of the American Legion did have some influence on Ms. Dunlap and your claim.

It sounds to me like they are preparing you for a New C&P as you mentioned that was brought up in your last conversation or some clarification.

Yes, my file was sent back to the two ( Quack ) Psychiatrist that did my last C&P to reconcile their opinions.

Neither complied with the remand. Of course.

In my remand the BVA did state for the Claims file to go back to them for this reason.

Things are moving fast now. About time after two years.

Just my thoughts.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Hurryupnwait,

Sounds to me like Dean at the National Level of the American Legion did have some influence on Ms. Dunlap and your claim.

It sounds to me like they are preparing you for a New C&P as you mentioned that was brought up in your last conversation or some clarification.

Yes, my file was sent back to the two ( Quack ) Psychiatrist that did my last C&P to reconcile their opinions.

Neither complied with the remand. Of course.

In my remand the BVA did state for the Claims file to go back to them for this reason.

Things are moving fast now. About time after two years.

Just my thoughts.

Josephine

Hi Josephine

In my last conversation with Dean, he said that he did not think I needed another C&P exam, the last one was favorable and was done in Oct 2006.

So maybe it s the later, a clarification. With this decision to send my claims folder to Los Angeles, it will prolly set my rating decision back.

You are right it s seems things are moving now tho.

Best Wishes

Paul

• HadIt.com Elder

In my last conversation with Dean, he said that he did not think I needed another C&P exam, the last one was favorable and was done in Oct 2006. 

So maybe it s the later, a clarification. With this decision to send my claims folder to Los Angeles, it will prolly set my rating decision back.

Hurryupnwait,

I am sure that Dean is correct. You do not need another C&P, but as usual I am always on guard.

My opinion if it is a clarification or even a physical, this should speed your claim.

If my memory serves me correctly, Larry J posted receiving another C&P by the AMC and shortly thereafter received a grant of benefits.

Not the amount that he wanted or deserved, but he got his foot in the door.

I sent him a personal message and he was happy to reply.

If it is another C&P, be so ever cautious. I don't know how to say this.

My claim is very long and covers a time span since my first filing date of 1978.

I am not sure that you have followed my post, but here is tad, if you have not.

I notice " New and Material Evidence" has been on one of the post.

My claim is based on the above.

I was discharged in 1964 - Unsuitability.

I filed for benefits in 1978 - automatic denial

I filed in 2002 - same

Pension at 100% for anxiety with depression, due to umemployable since 1983. Denied due to excessive

I wrote to the Archives and acquire all of my Psychiatric records, where they lay silent for 40 years. Never ask for by the R. O, although I told them over and over to secure them. All claims re-opened to 1978 due to " New and Material Evidence".

Present copies to R. O

First C&P - Generalized Anxiety disorder with depression with a " More likely than not"

5 months later - Board -

AXIS 1 Anxiety not otherwise specified

AXIS Personaltiy Disorder not otherwise specified with dependent, bordeline, histrian traits.

Bingo-

R. O Decision.

Personality Disorder.

No benefits.

Always and good luck,

Edited by Josephine

I called the C&P office where I had my exam and found out why the claims file was transferred to the West LA medical facility.

I sent the following email to DR. Bash.

Dear Dr. Bash

The AMC has sent my claims file back to where I got my favorable C&P exam. The doctor that did this exam is now retired, so he will not be replying. They want a clarification of three things:

1. Medical opinion of following;

In Oct 1972, discharge exam

Impression: Bilateral spondylosis with grade 1 spondylothesis s1 on s2 (I think this should read L-5/S-1). Severely symptomatic.

Disposition: Unfit for retention, ATL 40-501 Chapter 3-3

Physical exam: Back and legs full range of motion. Straight leg raises positive at 45 degrees bilateral. Contralateral straight leg raises negative, deep tendon reflexes 2+ bilaterally, no motor or sensory loss.

X rays: see impression

History: 6 year (not correct, should read 2 year) recurrent low back with bilateral sciatica of 3- 4 months duration. No ______ ? increase in pain. No bowel or blatter incontinence.

Oct 1973, VA exam

Claimants back condition is constitutional and developmental abnormality, active duty did not aggravate beyond natural progression.

2. Opinion of the following;

Thirteen years (1973 to 1986) of my civilian doctor's medical records of back treatments were lost by water damage but were already old enough to be destroyed. AMC wants to know how the C&P doctor came up with his nexus of service connected. AMC has a statement from my sister declaring that I was seen by this doctor for my back in those years.

3. Medical opinion:

The same year that my family doctor died (April, 1986). I hurt my back (July 1986) . I was not able to work for four months while a chiropractor treated me. In his records he put that I hurt my back while lifting a raft in a river. In the chiropractors writing it looks like I lifted the raft by myself. but I was helping 5 other people lift a raft in to a river. AMC is stating that I lifted a heavy raft and that caused the back conditions that I have today. The AMC appears to want to claim that I injured by back in 1986 and that my back condition was ok from 1973 to 1986.

It was not ok, but I do not have the medical evidence.

Do you think you could help me? Should I wait till the VA doctor's enter their clarification?

Sincerely,

Paul xxxx

What do ya ll think

Happy Trails

Paul