VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wow We Did Win A Cue!

Rate this topic

Guest Berta

B)

I thought it was CUE ,on the old board - then thought NOD response with this retro but the vet just mailed me the actual DRO decision-

It WAS a CUE claim that we filed last year and he won-

we cant figure out 4 years of 100% retro with one dependent and I think his daughter was still in high school in 1995-she definitely gets more Chap 35 if not the additional depndentcy payment-

what is real funny is that my friend figured out on the decision what all this seems to have involved- it was $ 165,372 on his claim he won last year and this is four years of 100% more-I think about 96,000, but he came up with a total over quarter of a million!

(no wonder he wanted to take me to dinner- in Ireland!)

This vet as I mentioned before was kicked out of the DOM- in 1995 when they were only allowing SC vets to stay there-

here he was SC all along-

the Dom here gets drug and alcohol pts now and I havent met any with SC yet. I am glad they get this excellent treatment from the VA but there is something wrong with this picture- how many vets did they make homeless in 1995 who actually had SC disabilitys?

It really makes me so mad----

Now I need to work on our next CUE- on the 1981 denial of SC for the same condition-he got SSA for it in 1981 too and the BVA denied.

WOW I am so happy for this family and this vet almost gave up many times but I kept telling him to hang in there.

I am too excited to do the math and he is in shock. B)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats great Berta , thats adds fuel to my fire because my CUE case is very similar to his. I filed a claim that was denied in 1991 and in 2003 was awrded for the same condition I filed. Great News for him