VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hospitalized For Service Connected Illness

Rate this question

ammodad

Question

hello friends its me once again i am still here not dead yet . i was hospitalizes for an illness which i already have service connection for i was told to apply for an increase didnt know you could , so i did now its the waiting game all over again what percentage if any would i most likely be looking at i was doagnosesed with bad gastric problems prior to getting out and they have been treating for it so they gave me service connection for it without me asking but for some strange reason it got worse and i was hospitalizes for dam near a week with gastric bleeding they would let me go like i didnt have enough crap wrong with me already .

just courious as to what to look for , i hope you guys are doing well its been a while , and i havent been keeping up but we still pray for y ou all and we hope your returning the favor lord knows we need it . never give up the fight

Edited by ammodad

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

What disease are you service-connected for? What percentage?

Is the gastric bleeding already service-connected;

OR is the bleeding secondary to (the result of) your SC illness?

Did the tretament you recieved aggravate your SC disease?

Just a few questions ;-)

Sorry you've been going through some bad times.

P.S. Schedule for Rating Disabilities here http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/bookc.html

See The Digestive System

4.110 - 4.111 - Ulcers/Postgastrectomy Syndromes

4.112 - 4.113 - Weight Loss/Coexisting Abdominal Conditions

4.114 - Schedule of Ratings - Digestive System

Edited by Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

The effective date for your increase should be the date you were hospitalized. The fact you were in the hospital can be a claim for an increase by itself. It is an informal or implied claim for an increase. However, you have to claim it or the VA will just ignore their responsibility.

x

x

x

What disease are you service-connected for? What percentage?

Is the gastric bleeding already service-connected;

OR is the bleeding secondary to (the result of) your SC illness?

Did the tretament you recieved aggravate your SC disease?

Just a few questions ;-)

Sorry you've been going through some bad times.

P.S. Schedule for Rating Disabilities here http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/bookc.html

See The Digestive System

4.110 - 4.111 - Ulcers/Postgastrectomy Syndromes

4.112 - 4.113 - Weight Loss/Coexisting Abdominal Conditions

4.114 - Schedule of Ratings - Digestive System

they granted me service connection for peptic ulcer , and then for some reason they cant explain why i had a bleeding problem from the ulcers which they couldnt explain i was hospitalized for 6 days hooked up to all kind of i-vs and given all kinds of tests afterwards i was told to apply for an increase for the bleeding ulcer or upper gi bleed which was directly caused by the ulcer getting worse or agrivated i lost 40 pounds during my stay but they were well trained and i was in great hands i am at 60% after getting 50% for chronic obstructive sleep apnea which i was diagnosed having during my time in and it got worse after leaving service . i was just courious as to what % they would give for me being hospitalized and the ulcer getting worse the initial award for the peptic ulcer was 20% which explains how i got the 60% they still havent ruled on my asbestos exposure even though they now acknowledge it is do to my being exposed to asbestos during active duty thanks for your quick response and always being there even if there is no answer your being there shows were not alone

Edited by ammodad