Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

Dro

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got a VCAA letter today and a letter asking me if I wanted a DRO for my appeal for a much earlier effective date for my TDIU. I filled out the paper work and hand carried it to my RO. I got date stamped copies. When I do this I always get action much quicker than when I just mail it in. Even when I send it certified my documents seem to go into lala land for a few extra months. I drove 25 miles to the RO which is so close it costs about the same as sending stuff certified. I sleep better knowing I have a copy of my paperwork. The VA puts it into the computer on the spot. I recommmend taking you stuff and putting it in their hands if possible. You can save yourself months of time if they lose it. Every time I go to the RO they have changed some procedure about how they handle evidence.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Good advice. Although I am 70 miles from the VA Regional Office in Denver I think it will be well worth the drive up there. Thank you for your suggestion...

John,

You did it the best way possible. Having the date stamped copy is a good thing.

St.Pete RO is still the pits !

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

I live about 5 miles from the RO they just "love" me in the service office I think they all cringe when I walk in the door lol I think I made them mad when I wouldn't fall down and do the "I'm not worthy" deal when I finally got my 100% award after all the DAV did it for me! yea right they didn't do a damn thing and were no help on the heart issues at all in fact after the RO awarded the PTSD claim the SO wanted to drop my heart claim and file for a 10% award for hypertension BS I have had 7 heart attacks and a failed triple bypass My wife needs the heart issues SC as when I drop dead she won't have to fight them for the DIC benefits right now I am only SC for PTSD and with all the other medical problems I have I get the feeling my death will be caused by heart issues which eventually I am sure my wife could get SC but she would lose the house in the meantime and she don't need the headaches I have stacks of round dated papers I haven't submitted anything by mail since 2002 I always drive it in lol

John -I just got a request for DRO review due to my NOD on my CUE claims.

My reconsideration request prompted them to start working on these 2 claims but it show why it is SO important to file the NOD even if the Recon request is pending-within the year after the decision was received.And I was able to file it after the attorney for regs went through and am seeking attorney if this is not resolved correctly.

If the VA is capable of reading basic VA case law they can resolve my CUE claims in a heartbeat.

The VA stated that my husband (unlike thousands and thousands of other veterans- with 100% SC for one disability and fulfilling SMC criteria for his additional disabilities under Sec 1151 at over 100%-

was not eligible for SMC consideration.

Every veteran with Section 1151 "as if" disabilities and or direct SC ones is eligible for SMC consideration and a proper SMC award if one disability is 100% and the others warrant additional SMC comp.

Carlie,

I would just like to say amen to your assesment of St.Pete RO. The transcripts of my recent DRO meeting were filled with inacuracies.

The Vet Ctr on 1st AVE North is very reliable. And they keep good records. And always get that date stamp!

Johnny K.

Edited by Johnny K.