Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

Hello Everyone

danang_1969

Question

My medical health list

PTSD with secondaries condition

Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease ( Oxygen 24/7)

Agent Orange exposure -Type 2 Diabetes (border line)

High Frenquency hearing loss

Ulcers on esophogas and stomach

Heart condition (At least one heart attack in the past by cartiologist)

Applied claim for all condition first in 1997

denied three times so far on all. 2000-2004-2007

Filed a NOD with Denova on the May 10, 2007 decision

Congressional inquiry filed in April of 2007.

Joined DAV and assigned a representative last month.

PTSD confirmed in August by VA doctor at VA hospital.

Undergoing treatments for Ptsd at VA center presently.

Hearing loss confirm in April by VA audiologist in April 2007.

No answer on NOD with DeNova as of yet.

Status on claim according to VA on an iris question was the review board has it and on the 1-800 number your Claim is being processed. What does that mean?

Any got any calls on this claim!

Update JAN 08

Got 30% SC on PTSD in 9/07. The VA split the claim and denied the 8 others, some secondary, some standing alone. One year retro but filed in 1997. No explaination or reason for being this long. They were not looking at combat military records and awards in an on the ground manner but Bluewater Navy assumption because I was once on a ship even though the dates were all over the awards. Did not mention or admit mistake in the award.

Filed reconsideration on 30% PTSD percentage with TDUI request Nov 07 and new GAF with OSAS with treatmewnt records form shrink and employment forms. Have not worked since 03.

Ask for TDUI on NOD and ignored. No answer yet

Filed NOD on the denials and submitted audiomogist hearing test that disputed VA claim hearing loss and tinnittis was not from military service or acoustical trauma and denied with not as much expalination as the first time. They said buddy letters would not offset VA hearing test the first goround. But did they not comment on buddy letters and private hearing test that told the story together.

Got second SSOC quick denying all 8 conditions all with very little explaination only evidence listed was new submitted, ommitted buddy letters used on first try.

Still no mention of other 9 years retro.

Still waiting on reconsideration decision and TDUI.

Sent iris with complaints and mistakes made in claim to RO. No answer as of today. Been 9 days.

Filled out means, test which with low income and medical out of pocket should be exempt from copay. Still getting bills. Called elgibility office, they said we never got it. I faxed it this time. No copays have not been confirmed yet. I did get travel pay that I have been missing out on for years due to no window at outpatient center and not knowing the office to call until friend gave it to me. Lost 4 years of travel pay.

Wrote Letter to President, 2 US senators. I US congressman about run around and lost records and confusing the claim by spliting, mixing of evidence on claim. Putting evidence of one on the other claim totally confusing my claim.

Got correct form to fire SO from main SO headquarters.

Looks like I may be forced to got to backed up BVA if denied percentage amd TDUI request. Maybe I can get the other nine years bcause I have much documentation of the mixups, screwups and false statements by VA on iris and SSOC.

More update later.

Edited by danang_1969

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit.

Your claim is taking to long. But since you have done some new stuff you may have to wait. Your claim is being processed does not mean squat.

I would call again and inform whoever answers the phone that you have been waiting for to long since 1997. That is not right.

danang Welcome Home brother. Since you nnow working thru the DAV, stay on top of them, and constantly ask for updates.

and yes this is way to long, just think if they approve your claim and backdate it to when you first put the claim in 1997, nice check with come along.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have a diagnosis of DMII and you were in Vietnam you have a slam/dunk at least for 10%. How long have you had the DMII? If you have had it for a while you may be able to get the heart condition as secondary to the DMII. Getting the heart connected to the PTSD is also possible, but not easy. What you need is a report from a doctor saying that your secondary condition is caused by your service connected conditions. The VA will not connect the dots for you. I was SC'ed for three conditions secondary to DMII, but I had to have a doctor say it in black and white. Secondary conditions should be easy but they are not since the VA tries to slip out of it. They will often say that your secondary condition pre-dated your service connection for the primary condition. For instance, if you are given an effective date of June 2007 for DMII and your heart attack happened in 2005 they will say they are unrelated. The same for the PTSD. Common sense says that their is probably a relationship but the VA wants proof and a time line in my experience.

WELCOME HOME BROTHER,

I will keep you in my prayers.I am angered to read of the unjustice done to you.

Have you looked or do you have lawyer helping you ?

There has to be a lawyer who would help you pro bono out there somewhere.

If you need help looking for one on the interent please let me know.

I would also contact :paul@veteransforcommonsense.org

He has helped many vets. please send him an email today.

God Bless and stay PAWSITIVE.

• HadIt.com Elder

STRESSOR

They don't deny the stressor existed now they did for 9 years because they refused to look at what they had been given.

Danang_1969