VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Decision Time?

Rate this question

evilcav

Question

I was granted a BVA hearing with a traveling board member in Cleveland, Oh. on 14 May 2007. On 22 May 2007 I recieved confirmation that my VA records were transferred to Washington DC. It was on 3 Aug 2007 that I recieved confirmation from the BVA that my records have arrived and that they "will soon be actively considering your appeal".

My appeal is for Sevice Connected PTSD of which I have been diagnosed but was granted pension for Non-service connected social phobia in 2003. I was wondering if anyone knows a time estimate on when a decision may be made considering the dates I have posted. Thanks!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

It might help to check out the BVA web site and see how long some of their decisions took.

Unfortunately many claims at the BVA are remanded due to VCAA violations adding much more time for a re-do by the RO and then usually back to the BVA.Many of those claims I noticed have asked for traveling board hearings but the VCAA violation still caused a remand.

This vet did not get a decision for 8 months after the traveling board hearing.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp07/files2/0712598.txt

I have a friend going to BVA .DC this week for a hearing- maybe he will come out with some time frame as to the results and I will you know.

• HadIt.com Elder

evilcav,

I had to wait four yrs for the traveling BVA hearing, than it took about a year for the decision.

I've spent the last decade on remands from the BVA since than.

Does anyone know if you can submit a letter to the BVA and waive all the rights owed to you at the RO level VCAA, SSOC's etc.......I have a claim waiting on the BVA. I do not want it remenaded back to the RO for lack of C/P, VCAA, etc..... I just want the BVA to make a decision. Each of my items claim end with "I want the BVA to award a rating of X percent without any remand back to the RO.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ricky,

As soon as I knew that my claim was going to the BVA, I placed a waiver against the R. O having anything to do with my claim.

I did send the letter to the Regional Office to send with the claims folder and also sent a letter to the BVA at the same time, just in case the R. O failed to place the letter in my claims file.

I sent a 11 page letter for a motion to advance on the docket. I described to them, just how I felt the R. O was negligent with my claim since my first filing date of 1978.

My claims are all re-opened back to 1978, due to the " New and Material Evidence" of my Psychiatric records, which the R. O never bothered to secure, where they lay silent for 40 years in the archives.

When remanded, I sent all information to the AMC.

I do not feel that the R. O is competent to make any decision on my claim.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine