VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received Supplement Statement Of The Case

Rate this question

Billyboy

Question

I received a supplement statement of the case. I was denied a couple of things but was informed:

INTRODUCTION: We have separately issued a new rating decision granting entitlement to a total evaluation based on unemployability and increasing the evaluation of your depressive disorder to 70% disability You will receive formal notification of this decision and all retroactive benefits due you separately.

I applied for TDIU over a year ago, does this look like TDIU??????

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Bill,

"issued a new rating decision granting entitlement to a total evaluation based on unemployability and increasing the evaluation of your depressive disorder to 70% disability"

it states that they are granting you a total evaluation based on unemployability so they went ahead and increased your MDD to 70% where it should have been to begin with and granted TDUI...Congradulations!!!

MT

Congrats!!!!!

Looks like one veteran's hard and long fight is over!

Just wonderful news-

doesn't the VA start to seem to make more awards around Sept -October?

If the budget goes through?

• HadIt.com Elder

Billy

Now what about Chapter 35 and future exams? You want to try and get P&T. If they don't grant it you can ask for it on appeal. That is what I did . I got rated 70% and denied TDIU. Then I got TDIU and denied Chapter 35. Finally Chapter 35 and an EED. The VA often fights you every step of the way for everything.

Now what about Chapter 35 and future exams? You want to try and get P&T. If they don't grant it you can ask for it on appeal. That is what I did . I got rated 70% and denied TDIU. Then I got TDIU and denied Chapter 35. Finally Chapter 35 and an EED. The VA often fights you every step of the way for everything

I don't understand chapter 35, P&T, and EED. bill

• HadIt.com Elder

Re: billy comment: "I don't understand chapter 35, P&T, and EED."

I looked in Hadit Definitions; and sure enough ; P&T and Chapter 35 arent there; so here's my take

P&T means Permanent and Total (no more exams ever)

Chapter 35; Education Benefits for your family (spouse and kids)

EED Earlier Effective Date

Edited by cowgirl