Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

More Va Ineptness

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

FWD:

MORE VA INEPTNESS

Perfect example of VA ineptness on behalf of White House Philosophy to stall or deny Veterans Compensations

Gary Henton, one of my 2/94th Battalion Members who served in C Battery 66-67 was diagnosed with lung cancer and brain cancer in a VA hospital.

While Brain Cancer is not presumptive (it should be), Lung Cancer is on our Infamous list of Associated Medical Issues to the Herbicides used in Nam.

Gary submitted his presumptive association claim of Stage IV lung cancer on July 20, 2007 after being diagnosed in a VA hospital in May of 2007.

He still waits for financial help to assist him in fighting the government caused cancers. Help that never comes.

VA definition of when a claim ends with the death of the Veteran is never before out in the open as to what they try to stall and deny as in this case and many many more just like it everyday of the working week for our disabled and dying Veterans.

It takes three data points to verify this award of compensations.

· Did the Veteran serve in Vietnam?

· Is there a valid diagnosis?

· Is that diagnosis on the list of Presumptive Disorders?

To congressman Filner’s office: this should be almost as easy as pushing an enter key on a computer, not months of waiting for financial help that is not only needed but earned; not some sort of government entitlement.

I bet those on entitlements and not earned do not have to wait this long for financial help for doing nothing for the nation.

Makes you guys want to recommend to your sons, daughters, grandsons, and granddaughters to go serve in the Military. NOT! Not with treatment like this.

Now on top of all this, remember the Disability Commission wants to change the rules that the award for Veterans would only be from the date of VA approval - not submittal.

If that happens, where in the world is there any incentive for VA, especially the Atlanta VA which I have first hand experience with and is also handling Gary’s Stage IV Lung Cancer case, to do anything other than draw a paycheck. We know we cannot count on congress.

So where does that leave the disabled Veteran, except financially subsidizing his own government created disability with his life savings while waiting. Meanwhile, the VA leadership gets extra bonus pay for creating an atmosphere of failure and a complete failure to perform as expected by White House Philosophy. Especially if the congress allows this White House recommendation to not compensate Veterans from date of submittal but only after it is VA approved.

Where does this leave the government created disabled or dying Veteran?

Waiting on Government help that never comes.

Yea boy, sign MY FAMILY AND ME up to serve in the MILITARY with this extra special treatment by the Dod and VA and so much support from the white houses we have had.

SORRY, for the rant folks, NORMALLY I am somewhat more directional AND SANE - BUT this has got to stop!

If this does not stop this will become a National Security Issue, as it should!

Kelley

http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/Chas/VAIneptness.htm ://http://www.2ndbattalion94thartiller...AIneptness.htm ://http://www.2ndbattalion94thartiller...AIneptness.htm

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I know this will sound naive, but I thought there was a process in place for cases like those described in the original post where everything is expedited. I'm pretty sure I read about a case (posted on Hadit) where everything (claim and award) was accomplished within 30 days due to end-stage cancer.

Maybe just a fortunate sequence of events and competence?

[From "Sucess Stories" Hadit June 2007]

"Hi just thought I'd tell you a good story I applied for AO related stage 4 lung cancer on 5/22/07 and as of 6?22?07 my rating in 100% for the primary lung cancer with 100% each for adrenal cancer and brain cancer wow 30 days no exam"

--------------------

US ARMY 1968-72

expedited to the VA means deciding a claim in 35 months instead 37 months. I had a stroke in Jan 05. At that point they was supposed to give me 100 percent for six months. This is due to during the first six months following a stroke the patient suffers the most and is usually out of work. It is now Sep 2007 and I am still waiting on the RO to make a decision on a NOD requesting my 6 months worth of 100 percent. I was out of work during that period. Without income I had to deplete our savings due to the lazy bas*(&^ at the RO. Maybe some day I will get it. If only the would make a final decision so the damn claim could move forward to the BVA..................... My Ro really sucks big time.