VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Retro

Rate this question

BIGPAPA92

Question

Has anyone with an appeal at the appeals management center or the BVA received your VA retro award yet? I' m being told that I won't receive my award until my appeal is complete and my files are sent back to mr RO. This don't sound right to me since they have a temp file at the RO.

I recently got divorced and sent a copy of my papers to the RO and my pay record has been adjusted. This only took one month. The RO is who told me they had to wait so if anyone has received their Retro Pay please tell me what you had to do to get it.

I received a letter Friday telling me their requesting information again that they already have. I spoke with my rep a few months ago and he told me they had everything needed and my appeal was going to the board.

I have an idea. How about no more enlistments until this BACKLOG in gone. You know, give them the time they need to catch up!!!! Wouldn't work huh? Just a thought.

THANKS ALL

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I have had the same problem with the AMC. I have several claims in at the regional office that haven't been adjudicated yet and they tell me that nothing will happen until they get all of the claims done at the same time. They have told me its because the folder can only be in one place at any given time and that they cant split up the information in it. So when one gets done they send it to the other one. They said it was because i had so many claims in at once also. I have a dependency claim going on 5 months now because of the other claims i have filed for; and the dependency isn't even a claim actually. You know it seems like every year its around October that I hear anything from them, Is that when they get the congressional money to do stuff with? Is it June or October for the fiscal year? I really think they should have to pay interest or some kind of penalty for making everyone wait. Im sure they would be quicker if they had to ask for 1 billion more in funds each year to pay off all the interest owed to veterans that had to wait. Or maybe they could just take it out of there(RO,DRO,AMC) pay checks as a whole, we would see some definite adjudicating then wouldn't we?