VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dependents Added To Comp, Lengthy Process?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

CG:

In most cases it will be processed fairly quickly. You might give a shout to 800 827 1000 and ask how long it takes. Back in 1992 mine went pretty quick or about a month.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello Cowgirl,

keep in mind that we are at war & there is a backlog of around 600, 000 claims.

It's been running around a year to three years turnaround time at the Appeals Center.

I would say if you hear nothing from the VA Regional Office in four months, request a local hearing at the RO.

You "may" request a local hearing during the VARO claims process at anytime, to submit & discuss in person, any evidence to clear up any issues like Dependents, elegibility, view your claims file, etc.

You will need to pay your own way, but may get some things resolved faster.

Allan

Just got mine approved but, it took like 5 months on account the RO told me that because of the other claims I filed and the one i had on dro appeal was making it go slower. If you have any other claims in at the same time it might go a bit slower. I hope you get yours sooner than I did. For me its only 28 dollars a month extra but, it helps with gas going back and forth to the VA :huh:

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Tower/Allan/Pete - I am encouraged and will update when it occurs! gas money - imagine that!?

Tower . question; do you get CRDP? am wondering how dependents allowance affects, cg