VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bay Pines Va / Orthopedic Appt/cunsult?

Rate this question

william n

Question

:huh: Just when you thought i was done.. Been in extreme pain since may,07[rt' shoulder],low back, etc..Finally got an ortho appt. on 09/18/07[4mos] sat in chair and waited for the dr. to arrive, in comes the dr. and asks whats wrong?? i say my shoulder/back and he says "i don't do backs" ok i say,can you look at my shoulder? he says "whats wrong with it?'' i think, oh,boy here we go...well i'm in extreme pain and have'nt had a good nights sleep since june 1st..i told him i'm taking codeine but its removed my "morning constitutional" and i rarely take it.it just adds too the pain ,ya know..he says"stand up take off your shirt", i do.. he pushes on my shoulder and brings me too tears!! he says "oh, you have Bursitis" hold on. he leaves and comes back with this cart and vials/needles. He shoots me in the shoulder joint while a P.A. holds me down.I'm delirious at this point and he says "i'll schedule you for Occ.Therapy. I said"dr. I've BEEN GOING for three months. he says "i'll do another". I said [too myself]let me outta here, "wheres the right door?" "there he says". Walking down the hall, i thought, 4 MONTHS FOR THIS!?? Ihad relief from 9:30am-2:30pm..in pain again!! never looked @ my file where it clearly states by my PC, 4 other dr.'s that i have "ac joint injury, sublaxation,needs MRI,poss. surgery. We'll, he's the Ortho dr. I look back on yesterday and wonder, was he a DR.?? or not? Any feedback would be nice..many thanks. Will

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

William

If you have insurance get a real doctor to look at you. The VA orthopods are the worst. Bay Pines is awful. I would not take my dog there for treatment. You probably have a torn rotator cuff if it hurts that bad. They have to do an MRI to see what is wrong with you most of the time.

thanks john999, i thought for a while there i was delusional,[maybe?] and all this did'nt really happen.don't have alot of experience with dr.'s at the va, but i'm sure finding out quick!! i was just seen by my pimary dr. on 09/07/07. he looked at the xrays and came up with something other than 'bursitis' as well as [4] other dr.'s. all suggested MRI, including my occupational therapist. this quack never once looked for anything beyond the supposed "consultation to see him". period! i wish i never saw him, and wish that appt. never happened.i put in for a sec/opinion through my primary. told him "i am not happy"! :huh: i'd go too the Patient Advocate, but i've read their with the BS too! sooo,thanks again