Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

Hey Berta I Need To Know About

betrayed

Question

This all started me trying to buy 2.5 acres in the country, I didnt think there was a snowball chance in hell of me getting a loan so I wanted to do land contract. Then a miracle....I get in the mail a piece of paper talking about people in chapter 13 (me) can refinance their house. So I call and ask if they will do just a land deal, they said no, but there is a real good chance we can do a construction loan. They do care about my past credit, they care about me paying my rent on time for two years, which I have, making all payments on time to bankruptcy trustee which I have for longer, they want proof of my retirement pay and proof of my VA award.

So I find myself somewhere between reality and complete fantasy now.

Back to the point you said you knew a seal who got the VA to pay for a pool. I knew when I finally could buy a house I was gonna ask for a hot tub. So how do you do this? This part of ILP? or does it come under something diff?

Jim

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Betrayed,

Please allow me to go butting in. I am so happy that everything is working out for you.

I haven't forgotten, just months ago, everything looked so hopeless

to you, and you just wanted to go fishing.

God Bless

You are a winner!

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

As I remember Jim- it was a Special Accomodation-under the Special Housing and Adaption grants-

I dont really know how that VA program works- a good friend of mine has a colostomy due to a VA medical error and he got his entire bathroom redone to accomodate specials needs he now has due to VA malpractice- so this benefit is for any SC vet or any "as if" SC vet under 1151.

There is info here under the search-for this benefit and also at the VA web site-

By the way- all- be careful of anything you get regarding home loans etc -that looks like it has something to do with VA -

or any offers that are geared to your VA disability.

I would check out that stuff VERY carefully if I were you Jim.

As I remember Jim- it was a Special Accomodation-under the Special Housing and Adaption grants-

I dont really know how that VA program works- a good friend of mine has a colostomy due to a VA medical error and he got his entire bathroom redone to accomodate specials needs he now has due to VA malpractice- so this benefit is for any SC vet or any "as if" SC vet under 1151.

There is info here under the search-for this benefit and also at the VA web site-

By the way- all- be careful of anything you get regarding home loans etc -that looks like it has something to do with VA -

or any offers that are geared to your VA disability.

I would check out that stuff VERY carefully if I were you Jim.

what you mean willis?

Betrayed,

Please allow me to go butting in. I am so happy that everything is working out for you.

I haven't forgotten, just months ago, everything looked so hopeless

to you, and you just wanted to go fishing.

God Bless

You are a winner!

Josephine

thank you so much, its like I have said b4 and I know it, but when your in the dumps you cant remember its possible and what I am saying is life is a journey down a road, and you never know whats around the corner, your life can change in a spit second.

Honestly I will be surprised if the construction loan goes thru, Im a good candidate with plenty of lifetime guranteed income, paid all important bills on time, when I was not getting any benefits somethings didnt get paid but after I got my retro pay I paid off everyone I owed, what a good feeling! But I have a bad credit record thanks to my X, but I can also prove that.