VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypnotherapy For Insomnia/depression

Rate this topic

I have insomnia and depression (which comes first I don't know). But, has anyone underwent successful treatment via a hypnotherapist? I'm tired of problems sleeping and the meds don't help that much.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes- my husband- 100% PTSD did get some better sleep results with hypnotherapy.

His VA shrink also gave him instructions on self hypnosis and a cassette tape he could use.

The tape hypnotised me too and I slept good.

You will be fully aware of your environment during hypnosis-

it is a good relaxation technique.

Thanks Berta for the reply. I know the VA has a lot of treatments that the average person doesn't know about. When I go back to the VA I'll ask for the treatment you recommended. I wonder why they didn't mention it in the first place???? Hope your husband is doing well with his sleep andglad it benefited you as well.

Yes- my husband- 100% PTSD did get some better sleep results with hypnotherapy.

His VA shrink also gave him instructions on self hypnosis and a cassette tape he could use.

The tape hypnotised me too and I slept good.

You will be fully aware of your environment during hypnosis-

it is a good relaxation technique.

Thanks Berta for the reply. I know the VA has a lot of treatments that the average person doesn't know about. When I go back to the VA I'll ask for the treatment you recommended. I wonder why they didn't mention it in the first place???? Hope your husband is doing well with his sleep andglad it benefited you as well.

Many psychs narrowly focus on a handful of treatment methods (usually a single one). To me, the best psychs are those that subscribe to the eclectic side of psychology in which many different methods are tried and the one that seems to work best (on an individual basis) is used.

In the end, ANY psychotherapy is going to be very individualistic, so you need to be very honest about the results of any treatment and don't be afraid to say a given treatment isn't working or is making you uncomfortable.

Give it a try and be honest.....anything is worth a try imo....

It's such a pain to call the VA and leave a message and then wait for the MD to call. But that's the way it works. Sad thing is that one sometimes has to ferret out the various medications and treatments and request same but that's another reason for this board.

Many psychs narrowly focus on a handful of treatment methods (usually a single one). To me, the best psychs are those that subscribe to the eclectic side of psychology in which many different methods are tried and the one that seems to work best (on an individual basis) is used.

In the end, ANY psychotherapy is going to be very individualistic, so you need to be very honest about the results of any treatment and don't be afraid to say a given treatment isn't working or is making you uncomfortable.

Give it a try and be honest.....anything is worth a try imo....

Edited by john6012