VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lexis Nexis

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

I bought the 2006 Version on CDROM which included the VBM and Related laws and Regs.

Someone prev said if you buy it this way you will get revision following year free.............

I did! Just came the other day :unsure:

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Me too, I bought it, 2006 CD version. And, yes, they will send you a 2007 update even if you don't order it..... BUT, you will be charged $185 for the 2007 update, NO doubt, I was. They sent me a bill for $185 and I called them saying that I never ordered such. They said it was sent, but I never received it and do NOT want it. They said they will send me a postage sticker to send it back to the sender.... but, too, I never received it either. I will NOT pay for something that I did not order, do not want, nor did I receive it. :unsure:

Pooooie.

thats weird they sent a invoice with a balance due of $0.00

FYI other VBM buyers (and if you have a VA claim it's a GREAT resource) -

I uncovered this thread today that I printed off several weeks ago (shows you how great my desk is organized) and called the VBM folks because I, too, had ordered a 2006 VBM this April and then in September ordered the 2007 VBM so if there was a freebie or discount I wanted to get the credit.

I found out that if you order the previous year's VBM within 3 months of the new one coming out then they will send you a new one for free. Since the new ones don't have a standard schedule of when they are published, the 3-month look back period changes each year.

So, in my case, even though I bought the 2006 VBM in April and called them in August when they sent me the flyer for the 2007 VBM, I didn't meet that 3 month window.

This may explain why some vets got a free copy like Betrayed and other of us, like myself, didn't.

TS

Edited by tssnave

Odd-I get the VBM automatically- and have been billed and have paid for each edition since 1991-the very first VBM-