VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Legislation Pending In Congress Concerning Vets

Rate this question

68mustang

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is just a reckless rumor-

on the internet-

There is No Veterans Disarmament Bill.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Cloudcraft

I am on a watch list at the Tampa International Airport and I don't know why except I am 100% disabled vet. The TSA won't tell me why I am on the list.

There are already laws on the books about mentally disabled people not being able to buy guns, so I don't see why they would need to specify veterans....sounds like a rumor to me.....

Cloudcraft I am on a watch list at the Tampa International Airport and I don't know why except I am 100% disabled vet. The TSA won't tell me why I am on the list.
You donate money to the DNC? haha......

Know well what you mean by not having a gun> I haven't had one since leaving nam in 72!

Cloudcraft

I am on a watch list at the Tampa International Airport and I don't know why except I am 100% disabled vet. The TSA won't tell me why I am on the list.

It's a rumor... period. The VA did release in 2000 the names of people who had been either inpatient voluntary, or involuntary... to the federal government. This is still unclear as to exactly what names were released, but... there has been nothing since, and the law ALREADY states that if you have been treated in a mental institution (presuming inpatient) you are not eligable to own a handgun. So, there is NO NEED for a new law....

So lets just chill about this... it's all over the net and for no reason.