VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please Help!

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

I was released from US.ARMY due to my disability in NOV1994 (rated @40%) its getting so bad its hard to do many,many things to many to list. At the time I had 3 years Reserve 6 years total active service that included 2 tours of combat. Years has left me in sever and constant pain. I filed for an increase in Fl, after having to give up a job every one dreams about due to my service connected injury 2 years ago. It was year and half ago I filed, since then my family moved to IN to survive . we have went through thousands in savings and and the only end in site is our money. I did what I think is everything, written Congressman, my doctors have written the VA. is there anything someone can offer to help. I felt I've done everything that was requested of me I served my country worked hurt for years while being treated on a monthly basis to make a good life for me and mine. All our money is all but gone along with our life. Now we are stamped with the stigma of welfare and ashamed never thought I'd be begging for help. I'm scared,is there any advice or help from orgs I can seek for help.

Thanks For your help Rich C.

Edited by yoggie2

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Rich and welcome. Thank you for your service! There is no way to speed up the process unless you are dying or facing forclosure(or maybe eviction). I had to file bankruptcy, lost house and marriage during my claims process, as I'm sure many have, also. The best thing is to view your claims file and make sure all the evidence you've submitted is there and also be sure they have your current address. Others will jump in soon. Good luck!

pr

I assume you asked for a higher rating or TDIU-

Did the VA send you a VCAA letter stating exactly what evidence you needed in order to succeed?

Have they denied your claim- if so- did they consider your doctor's letters?

Private doctors letters should fulfill a specific criteria if they are to help a vet to succeed.

See our topic :"Getting an Independent Medical Opinion" under the search feature.

Each part of the criteria has to be fulfilled.

The doctor has to state with full medical rationale-based on your clinical records, that your disability has gotten worse, and then state if the disability prevents you from working.

I will attach the TDIU form for you-

If I were you I would Check Yes to # 18 and apply for SSA disability- then under Remarks# 25 you can refer them to separate page -

if your doctor can provide an opinion consistent with the IMO criteria and then give full medical rationale as to why your SC disability renders you unemployable- if would be great if you could attach a copy of that IMO right to the TDIU and tell them under Remarks that you are attaching it.

Put your name and C file number on anything you attach to the TDIU form.

You didnt say whether you have been denied recently or not-

You can call the 1-800-827-1000 to get a status on the claim-make sure they read from the COVERS screen-

In my opinion-Congressional inqueries only hold claims up-

the only thing that wins a claim is medical evidence-

and making sure the VA reads it and considers it.

All of the major vet orgs can represent you in handling your claim-DAV, AL, VFW etc.

I suggest that you get a NSO or vet rep right away to help with this.

If they have denied already- what reasons and bases was the denial based on?

here is the TDIU form-

if the vet rep you get says you cannot file for TDIU until you are 70% give me his number and I will square him away-

TDIU_form.pdf

yoggie/rich, a year and a half is an unacceptable amount of time for a claim for increase to be adjudicated. i am assuming you are not pursuing an appeal, if you are, forget it, appeals can take years. but if it is a standard claim for increase, the claim should have long ago dropped to the "g" list, where all year-old plus cases are supposed to be tracked by management.

possibly what may have happened is that you have inadvertently thrown a wrench into the system by moving from FL to IN during the process.

have you specifically notified the regional office in st pete of your move and requested that your file be transferred to indy? it is possible that st pete has been developing your claim, sending requests for information to your old address, possibly scheduling you for a VA exam at a FL facility, and waiting 60 extra days every time they get no reply from you.

if you have kept VA notified of your move, and you have requested a permanent transfer of your file to indy, then it is possible that indy used a new date of claim effective the date they received the file from st pete, and the clock started over. it would then not be on indy's g list, and would not send up a red flag to get put to the front of the line.

call 1 800 827 1000 and explain that your claim is a year and a half old. they should be able to check COVERS and tell you where your file is located. also make sure there is a claim pending in the system, and ask them what the date of claim is. if it is old, request that the file be pulled and sent to the rating board. st pete is very good about putting notes in the MAPD application, so specifically ask them to check the MAPD notes and tell you if there is any information there which could give you a clue about what is happening to your file.

hope this helps.

I have not been denied at all just waiting for approval or disapprovals I filed a TUDI last may.

View claims file? is there a way to view this file after its in there hands? I filed in Naples FL back in May06 and transfered File to Indianapolis IN back in Feb 07 and was told my file was "approved to be looked at" in April 07. Man I was so pissed it was 8 months before moving to Indiana, and was told here I was just getting started in the process, WOW I thought I was going to loose it. WHAT ANOTHER YEAR!!!!! I was sick. Eviction is not far off either and gaining fast. I must confess I wrote Congressman Connie Mack in Florida said they check in to it. I finally move to Indiana wrote my new Congressman here Mike Pence, way much faster response I mean really fast. Two weeks later VA had contacted him, he wrote me with his letter and a copy of the letter they (VA) responded to him. With in week after that I received what I guessed to be extra things in my medical packet I submitted months ago I also learned every thing get sent double and keep copies. Things like Employer Verifications. Doctors records etc. We've lost or sold off everything worth any thing were hanging by a thread. I hope help comes soon.

RC

Edited by yoggie2

• HadIt.com Elder

Yoggie

Where is your claims file at the present time? Yes, you can make an appointment to go look at it. It could save you months if not years to see what is in your file. You need to make sure the VA has your TDIU application and all your evidence. When you move from one regional office to another strange things can happen. I would not move again until I got this claim approved.