Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

How Do I Obtain A Full Medical Records

yoggie2

Question

I wish to get a complete copy of my full medial records from Active Duty Service US Army? where would I go to do this. Thanks RC

Edited by yoggie2

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Go check out VA Watchdog dot Org. He has a page "Filing A Claim with the VA -What To Do. " He also explains step by step through the process. He gives addresses to obtain the information you need. I haven't used his process yet,but I intend to soon. Best to you Pam

You do not say if you are active duty or not. But if not just go to the VA Regional if they have your C file and ask to see it. That easy. Then you can copy what you want out of it. It will have your SMR's and 201 file in it. If not then I hope you do not have a claim going because you do not want to interrupt the flow of information with the VA requesting your C file from Records Management Center, if you have filed a claim. If you filed a claim wait until your C file is in your Regional office then go see it. Good luck.

Yeah, I do have claim in. I used to have a complete copy of my medical file can't find it any wheres just partial. I'll wait till claims is complete I filed for a increase been out of work for 2 years worked till I couldn't stand the pain any more now I'm crippled up, if I knew it would take so long I would have taken action lonnggg ago. I called the 1-800# today ask about some file type someone gave me and was informed after a year and a half, I'm waiting on my 201 file for the PTSD, looking for combat medals unit citations I got them but I sent them some pictures of my US ARMY Vacation experiences to Gulf war 1 and Restore Joke in Somalia anyways, YES THATS RIGHT! you too can stand up be shot at on a daily basis and enjoy an evening fire fight just about dinner time! and not be counted(just kidding about that last part). I hear now you have to be Purple Heart or have a CIB to even be considered or Just be a Gulf war 2 Vet. I personal Have friends never fired a shot and got the big prize the "CIB" just for being in a country where there was a war. I personally think this is way unfair specially to the guys who truly earned them, people getting purple hearts for accidents? And I have to prove I was in a hostile environment in Somalia. I can truly tell ya I can't sleep cant go to a 4 of July for over 15 or 16 years now I feel for these guys coming back its a life time deal you never forget or get over. Does that mean I'm untiled to a CIB, absolutely not. I am a soldier or was and we fought for each other, sorry getting carried away just feel as if I'm supposed to be so much more unholy and pay the same price anyways.......

RC

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

National Personnel Records Center: Request Processing Procedural Documents & Guide

>>> The National Personnel Records Center - a division of the US National Archives and Records Administration - describes itself as "a central repository of personnel-related records, both military and civil service." It holds the records of all veterans who have served since 1917, medical records of all retirees from the military, medical records of military family members treated at military facilities, and the personnel files of separated federal employees (as far back as the mid-1800s). Every single day, the NPRC receives around 4,000 requests for military records.

Through a Freedom of Information Act request, Jim Klotz of CUFON obtained much of the NPRC's internal rules and guides for processing records requests. He posted them here: http://www.cufon.org/CRG/TOP_LEVEL_MENU.htm

And with his permission, The Memory Hole is mirroring them below.

http://www.thememoryhole.org/nara/nprc/