VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Disability Claim

Rate this question

SSGMike.Ivy

Question

Seems within this forum there are a large number of Veterans who have hit the magic 100%, even those with less. Spefically those with 100% who worked their claim through an organization like the DAV, American Leagion, VVA etc and received a nice little back check.

Was wondering how many of you after receipt of a back check, which in some cases can be thousands of dollars, made a substantial donation as a thanks. Or did you let them work your claim and once you received your back check forgot about the hard work that these organizaitons did.

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

when you sign a 21-22 appointing a service organization to represent your interests before va, you are giving them permission to act on your behalf. they can submit claims on your behalf and va must formally address the issues they raise. just had a case this am where the vet wanted increase for his prostate cancer and put in a 4138 to that effect. the dav slapped a coversheet on the 4138 asking for service connection for diabetes mellitus, which the veteran did not ask for and did not have. i had to kick the claim out of the rating board, when it was ready to rate, because we did not vcaa the issue of diabetes mellitus. it will cost the vet another 60 days on his claim.

yes, the service organization can file claims on your behalf. but not without your permission. you gave them permission when you signed the 21-22.

I USED THE DAV TO PUSH MY PAPER. I DID GIVE THEM A DONATION. BUT I BELIEVE ITS YOUR CLAIM AND ONLY YOU CAN WIN IT. VETERAN SERVICE OFFICERS ARE A TOOL TO USE TO WIN. BUT IN MY DEALING MOST ARE GARBAGE.

• HadIt.com Elder

I started with American Legion rep, nice guy meant well, ancient too, nada re disability. Years later went to DAV to start again, worked hard, submitted claims and learned alot from Hadit. I still use my DAV, work hard and continue to learn alot here at Hadit and simply "channel" my paperwork through DAV rep.....for now. (personality and professionalism counts!) Again, my personal choice to use a VSO as a "medium!" smile! cg

When I filed my claim the the State VSO where I live...I was told that all he can do for me is file the papers I bring in, that he did not have time to work a claim so I was on my own. Needless to say I made some mistakes along the way...then a wonderful VSO officer I met by pure luck gave me this web site and told me to go in and ask questions...with the help of this site and two great guys Sixthsence and Vike17 with there advice and encouragement I didn't give up.

I believe sites like this are meant not only for information but also encouragement just knowing that there are those who are compassionate enough to spend time giving advice and precious knowledge can make the journey seem less lonely.

I am not saying that there are not some really good VSO officers are there...for I know there are...but not everyone is so fortunate to be near offices like the DVA, or AMVETs...to the Men and Women these organization help...they are unsung hero's esp those who go beyond what is expected...as far as donating money...well I know some of the organizations you have to be a memeber and you pay dues...and I know that State VSO officers would not be able to accept money for there service...I think that if a Vet wants to donate something it should be there time...there experiance...to these offices helping others that is the greatest payback of all.

MT

I gotta ask, Is there away to withdraw POA?? I wasn't concerned that my vso was not as smart as Gomer Pyle, but now I am!!!!!