VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Legs Evaluated; Increase Request Or Auto?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Cowgirl

It is up to you. The VA medical does not talk to the VA benefits people on their own initiative. You have to file a claim. You have an implied claim, but the VA will just sit on it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Why did the ultrasound pinch and hurt? This is not too common. I've had the proceedure done several times, but not by the VA. The only reason I can think of is that the ultrasound head had very poor sensitivity, and higher than normal pressure was needed to overcome the lack of sensitivity. (Marginal or defective medical equipment?)(Poorly skilled operator?)

ultrasound done on leg veins (procedure pinched and hurt too!), could VA automatically increase rating or is it up to me? just checkin' in,cg

• HadIt.com Elder
Why did the ultrasound pinch and hurt? This is not too common. I've had the proceedure done several times, but not by the VA. The only reason I can think of is that the ultrasound head had very poor sensitivity, and higher than normal pressure was needed to overcome the lack of sensitivity. (Marginal or defective medical equipment?)(Poorly skilled operator?) Good questions, first for me!

I didnt know it was goin' to pinch then either (actually hurt later, still have reminders). I researched on internet and mention of 'slight' pinch feelings being normal. My pinches were not "slight" at all. Will hear what VA doc says soon....Meanwhile, am thinking rating increase will probably be justified, legs arent better, continually swell, I have a tiring part time job that keeps me on my feet having to provide for family. And of course, orthotics and support stockins' can only do so much. cg