VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Becoming Brain Dead

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm on codiene, once every 8 hrs, I can't remember the dosage and I'm too tired to get up and go look on the bottle.

I'm on 400 mg Welbutrin.

I'm on 100 of Trazadone, and some kinda quantity of Serataline (sp?).

Good part is, I haven't had any "homocidal ideations" lately. Now I just want to choke someone occasionally, but not choke them to death........just turn 'em a little blue around the ears and nose!

And, I haven't had any "suicidal ideations" in months.......heck, HOW COULD I?

I haven't had an original thought of ANY kind.

As far as ED? Heck, I can still get it up......but, ever time I pull the trigger, IT DOESN'T GO OFF!

I can't remember anything for the last two years. I can't even remember to try to remember.

But, I can remember my knot-tying lessions in Cub Scouts, etc.

Driving?

I can drive. NO PROBLEM! Heck, I have to drive. Otherwise, how am I gonna get to my Tuesday and Thursday group therapy sessions. If I don't GO, then I will be shown as "non-compliant" with my treatments...........................

One good thing about driving while taking what I'm taking.....all I gotta do is miss the occupied vehicles around me........and, if I should run into the bridge abuttments or telephone poles....it won't hurt NEARLY as much as if I was NOT medicated...

WORK? How the heck COULD I work..................WOULD YOU HIRE ME?

Hey, that's a good one. TDIU....if they won't let me have TDIU....then I can apply for WORK with the VA.....HEY! Bet ya $5 they wouldn't HIRE me! At least, if I worked there, I'd be close for my regulary twice-weekly scheduled therapy sessions and also for the 6 ot 7 other times a month that I have to go to exams, labs, pcp, and other stuff.....of course, then they'd probably fire me for not being at work, etc....

I really must leave the board now....I feel that I should be taking something.....I just forget WHAT I should be taking......heck, I'll just take all of them....got my bases covered that way. Then they can't say I wasn't taking my meds.....no, wait, I can't take my meds...they screwed up and didn't get them sent to me....so, I'm outta EVERTHING, have been for almost a week....maybe that's why I'm all messed up......WTH...at least I can feel my bones in my foot and ankle grinding together.....gee, I've kinda missed that.......

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Takine more than one anti-depressent at a time can develope a toxic state.

Trazadone is an anti-depressent.

Benedryl works the same as Trazadone for sleep.

• HadIt.com Elder

Just don't stop taking any of these drugs suddenly. Just about all of them have some kind of withdrawl symptoms. Even good old clonazepam will put you on the A Train if you have been taking it three times a day and suddenly stop. The sleep meds will give you rebound insomnia is you stop suddenly.

I know what you mean about brain dead. I have experienced what you are talking about. The feeling that your mind and mouth can't work together or saying words incorrectly. I was taking 4 meds from the VA that were making me a zombie. I took my meds to my local pharmacist and had her educate me on what they are supposed to do and what long term use causes. I talked to my VA doc about what I had learned and we changed my meds. I am still taking medication, but not as much or as often and it is helping with my PTSD and anxiety as much as the others did, but without the dead head feeling. Tell your doc how the meds make you feel and ask if you can change up the formula. It may take several tries, but the right or a better combo is out there. Don't let your doc give you an attitude about asking them to do their job either. You are not trying to be difficult, you just want your mind back. Hang in there.

Well the transition is rough and waiting another few more weeks for results. Also being Very Anti-Social you forget how to speak.

They have me on Gabapenton to calm me down... My nerves are shot, and I can fly off the handle at any given time.

This toxic state or being a Zombie probably keeps me outa Prison!

I had 1 on 1 counseling for almost 2 years and then sent to Group. Went to group

once and thats it. Group is good for some but not for me. Drugs alone just aint

doing it. Its been 9 months and I'm hitting rock bottom. Thoughts everyday about

hitting the bottle again.... sometimes Mary-Jane which I never really got into ever

I have a house full of kids and it compounds on all my issues. I gota give my old

counselor a call tomorrow for sure !

Peace Out!