VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&t With C&p Exam

Rate this question

Scottyp65

Question

I just thought I would drop in and pass the latest news.

While I was awarded the schedular 100% with P&T in early 06 I just went through a C&P exam for my knee. Seems that when I had an increase in the rating on the knee they wanted to take a look at the 3 yr point and voila there I was in the exam. Does seem strange at one level, but then again it is the VA and that is the way things are done. I hope the results of the exam don't change my Permament and Total rating. I know it can be changed at any time in the first 10 years but what a bummer it would be if it were, you wife & daughter on the Chap 35 benefits etc......

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

OK, I'm a bit confused they did a follow-up C&P for the main injury for which you received 100%? If so, and it had been scheduled than how could you be P&T? I'm not disagreeing but it just seems odd. Is this happening alot. Is the VA relooking even P&T vets? I dont want anyone to panic... I have heard nothing of the sort but this makes me curious.

Anyway just curious... again dont anyone get freaked out, I just want to clarify this and see what is going on.

Sounds to me like he was P&T for a different reason and opened a claim for knee issues so the VA reopened the P&T claim. This is an issue that all P&T vets face (and it's wrong imo, but that's the VA) when they open different claims. I almost believe the VA does this on purpose so that people stop clogging up the system with additional claims once found to be P&T (again, the VA is wrong to do that if so).

Personally, I wouldn't chance it, but the veteran DOES deserve proper compensation and it could affect DIC compensation down the road......

Edited by Jay Johnson