VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crdp Sections Ammended Letter; So Whats Funny?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just got a new DFAS Letter, reads "basically" like this

Public law 107-314, section .. amended which established the crsc/crdp..section sections,sections...

CRDP entitlement have been amended so that retired military members who have previously recieved or are currently recieving CRSC and/or CRDP can now have their entilements recalculated based on retroactive ratings awarded by the DVA. Because of these ammendments we are performing a review of all potential accounts including yours. Your account has been reviewed for the period of .......2004 through ......2007.

This review revealed that the DFAS part of your CRDP and/or CRSC entitlements have been paid correctly to date.

However you may be due additional compensation from the DVA. All previous CRDP and CRSC entitlement payments have come from DFAS. DFAS has provided information to the DVA to enable them to determine if any additional entitlements are due. In most cases .....DVA will be able to process the info within 30 days. Specific referrals may take longer based on unique circumstances.....questions call 18008271000...further questions contact DFAS mil retirement pay at address or call 18773274457 m-f, 8AM to 430 PM, eastern time. or fax toll free.....

Funny part, with new rating, I just got first CRDP and VA check last month. Thought I had it figured out, now DFAS says this and refer me to DVA.

My question once again, will I get CRDP and/or VA retro paid back to '06? from who or whom? Time and patience will tell, eh.cg rides on!

Edited by cowgirl

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, good idea, I will enjoy seeing the "numbers" with a couple cups of coffee and a calculator myself. Think I'll request data from both agencies. The equations could turn into family math night here. Will update, cg

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Jimmy and Ricky and Pete, I hope the retro will arrive soon and also balance out what I think is due.

Question; Does the explanation of payment letter validate the retro pay was actually VA and/or CRDP? or?

Meanwhile, I find it odd the CRDP payment statement of "paid correctly to date". For now, I guess thats a coverall as well as clear statement from DFAS that thier numbers are "up to date." Will see how it breaks down when the $xxxx.xx gets here. At least I was told how much to expect.Then comes the tax corrections; increase of taxes if the retro is CRDP backdated pay and decrease of taxes for the other less than 50% rating change. (went from 20 to40, then 60). Again, thanks and g'nite,cg

Edited by cowgirl