VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Depression

Rate this question

Maurice

Question

Help: I went to a C & P for Depression and took a letter that a chief of Medical at another VA Hospital wrote for me and the C & P Doctor would not look at the letter from my VA Doctor. What should I do? Disable veteran without income need answer to his problem with the VA C&P

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Betrayed,

I didn't realize you could have family members write statements in support of your claim. I assumed that since they were not medical professionals (just the folks who have to keep your entire life on track if you're like me) that their opinion wouldn't count and it was best to stick solely to the getting an IMO.

Have others here at hadit provided the VA with statements from family members in support of their (mental disorder) claims?

Thanks,

TS

Betrayed,

I didn't realize you could have family members write statements in support of your claim. I assumed that since they were not medical professionals (just the folks who have to keep your entire life on track if you're like me) that their opinion wouldn't count and it was best to stick solely to the getting an IMO.

Have others here at hadit provided the VA with statements from family members in support of their (mental disorder) claims?

Thanks,

TS

I sent in a couple. It's called 'lay evidence' I think and while it does not carry allot of weight it is supposed to be considered. Ummm, I think it rarely is considered but it surely can't hurt.

Time

Guest terrysturgis

On my claim I was suprised at them quoting parts of my wife's letter explaining the effects of peripherial neuropathy. She nailed them with the ED part as who would know that condition better than the spouse.

Point being the lay letter helped my claim more than once. Good luck. Terry Sturgis

• HadIt.com Elder

Maurice, do read the C&P details, then salt it down to de-personalize it as best can be. Now is the time to react rationally and if a re-take is needed, you can ask. I too encourage you to submit the VA chief letter ASAP to VRO!

My story, I was totally unprepared for depression C&P years ago, just walked in and endured a humiliating event. I didnt appeal well then either, felt personally insulted and got more depressed.

The good news is I'm currently SC for MDD, and used things I should have for first claim, - namely the VA MDD guideline (pseudo checklist) and submitted alot.

current family letters.current family statements. old family letters.my statement that took months to write because of its sensitivity.C-File extracts, highlighting diagnosis.SMR selections.internet printouts.IMO.personnel file info.official civilian documents.also complaint about previous C&P stress.VA dr letter with diagnosis.VA access to my records at private dr's.
However, after reading SOC feedback the heaviest item discussed for SC - the VA diagnosis letter !

best to ya',cg

Cowgirl,

When you wrote "namely the VA MDD guideline (pseudo checklist)" did you mean the VA Mental Disorders Disability Worksheet found at this web address or did you mean some other document?

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/disexm37.htm

If it is another document than the link above, please provide a link to the VA MDD guideline you referenced or tell me how I can get a copy of it.

Thanks,

TS

• HadIt.com Elder
Cowgirl,

When you wrote "namely the VA MDD guideline (pseudo checklist)" did you mean the VA Mental Disorders Disability Worksheet found at this web address or did you mean some other document?

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/disexm37.htm

If it is another document than the link above, please provide a link to the VA MDD guideline you referenced or tell me how I can get a copy of it.

Thanks,

TS