VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cavilian Dr's Note For Increase?

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

B) Just wondering, I'm presently at 40% have been since being release from service NOV94, I filed one and half year ago for an increase in my % and I had used private medical insurance to pay for a Doctor to treat my service connected injuries. To make it short My Dr. has as better than good cardenseils as one could have. Will this make any kind of difference being I have been constantly treated for my injuries out side the VA for the last 6 years and was treated at the VA before that??

Thanks RC

Edited by yoggie2

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you had your private medical doctor write a letter that he has been treating you and with what kind of meds and that your injury has increased in severity?

This may be the start of an increase.

Always,

Josephine

if you have a good civilian opinion, it can be helpful, but make sure the va gets the supporting treatment records as well. some vets just send in the doctor's letter. when you do that, if the private doctor's letter conflicts with the va examiner's write-up, the va exam will carry the greater weight.

Is there a medical Physical Medial Exam on an increase with extensive medical records and history of injury?? Is there an exam for ever particular claim. Thanks RC

• HadIt.com Elder

yoggie2,

It sounds like you have all of your ducks in a row. Just check and double check and keep an eye on the ducks, so that the VA doesn't switch places with them.

It has been a Pleasure,

Josephine

Is there a medical Physical Medial Exam on an increase with extensive medical records and history of injury?? Is there an exam for ever particular claim. Thanks RC

you will be examined for every condition that you requested increased evaluation for, va is required to provide that. if you have extensive medical records, it is only necessary to submit the records from the past one or two years, because the issue before the rater is, how severe is the condition NOW, he is not concerned with how bad it was years ago.