VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Disability Insurance

Rate this question

jimlane1949

Question

I received notice that my SSDI claim was approved. I have been through 2 denials and an ALJ hearing over the past 5 years. I want to thank all on hadit who provided me with valuable information and encouragement. I have a question, I am receiving TDIU from VA and wonder if this will not qualify me to receive a monthly amount? Again thank all of you so much.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations on your success. I am sorry, I do not know the answer to your questions, but wanted to wish you the best.

Always,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim:

Congrats it appears to me that Social Security and the VA have eased up and when a Vet qualifies for one they will eventually get the other.

I get SSD and VA but each is separate and a different check. Maybe you should ask your question with a little more specificity?

• HadIt.com Elder

your SSD will be based on your earnings for the last 10 years before you became disabled if you had a good jib your disability check will be larger than if you just worked part time here and there it's all based on your earnings so there is no way for us to tell you only SSA can sorry

I received notice that my SSDI claim was approved. I have been through 2 denials and an ALJ hearing over the past 5 years. I want to thank all on hadit who provided me with valuable information and encouragement. I have a question, I am receiving TDIU from VA and wonder if this will not qualify me to receive a monthly amount? Again thank all of you so much.

Congrats,

Everytime I hear of one of the members getting what they deserve, I share the joy with you. Cogratulations again.

jmack

Greetings,

I am so glad to hear of your victory. I believe (I hope I am right) that you are concerned if are able to recieve both VA & SSD? The answer is Yes you can! The SSA and the VA are totally different. The SSA is what you have paid into all these years and the VA is is comp for your service connected disabilities. I am also 100% VA and receive SSD.

Just relax and enjoy your family, and fineally put an end to all the stress. Great job and great news. God bless you.

Bound4Heaven

Greetings,

I am so glad to hear of your victory. I believe (I hope I am right) that you are concerned if are able to recieve both VA & SSD? The answer is Yes you can! The SSA and the VA are totally different. The SSA is what you have paid into all these years and the VA is is comp for your service connected disabilities. I am also 100% VA and receive SSD.

Just relax and enjoy your family, and fineally put an end to all the stress. Great job and great news. God bless you.

Bound4Heaven

Thank you so much for your response.