VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Determination Services

Rate this question

jmack

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jmack,

I know that others have different opinons, but I can tell you that I did communicate quite often with my husbands case worker during the process of his claim.

Always,

Josephine

Jmack,

I know that others have different opinons, but I can tell you that I did communicate quite often with my husbands case worker during the process of his claim.

Always,

Josephine

Josephine,

Yeah I think I will give the DDS a call tomorrow.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jamck,

I would most definitely. I like to review with my case worker my file and discuss my illness and what information they have and what they may need.

Always,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

I'd use the SSA rep, unless you have a problem with the rep.

Establishing a friendly and courteous working relationship is a must if you are to be successful. After requesting my SSA records in writing, the rep dumped them to CD for me, and called me when they were available.

This included the reps remarks about me at the initial (Key) interview.

These remarks can be of immense help or literally kill your chances of a successful outcome. There were key phrases and statements involved. One in particular comes to mind that I cannot repeat publicly. It can be taken to mean "one of our own". (Even though I was not a GS or WG direct government employee.)

The rep told me to make the request. The day I did so by delivering the letter in person, the duty rep (different person) gave me some flack, and obviously did not want to accept it. Finally, I told the duty rep that what she did or didn't do with it was her decision, and please date stamp my copy as well as the original, and then give it to the rep handling my case. After politely listening to the duty rep hemming and hawing around, I left with the date stamped copy, and called the rep handling the case in a few days to make sure that the letter had made it into the records. Obtaining the records is the first step you must make if you intend to disagree and appeal any part of an SSA decision, just as it should be with the VA process.

Just wondering. Is it wise to contact the DDS about your case or communicate through the SSA rep that's considered the case manager?

jmack

I KEPT IN CONTACT WITH MY REP MADE SURE SHE HAD EVERTHING SHE NEEDED BEFORE SHE SENT MY FILE TO THE SSD DOCTOR. SHE WAS REALLY NICE AND HELPFUL. ALSO JUST TO MAKE SURE SHE RECIEVED ALL MY MEDICAL EVIDENCE