VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Medication Works As Good As Alpralasom On Ptsd

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder
Clonazepam works well for me for anxiety. I take it before bed and in the morning as well. I carry xanax with me at all times but very rarely take it. I haven't found anything so far that helps with depression. Have tried Paxil, Celexa and Cymbalta to no avail.

I see the shrink at the end of this month. My lack of sleep is beginning to become a problem again as well as frequent nightmares. I hope they can do something for that. I hate taking drugs but like most here have reached the point where I have little choice. Sure wish I could find something for the depression though.

They tried me on several different things to help my depression. They finally had made the right choice with Welbutrin, at a dosage just short of causing memory loss and erectile dysfunction (or, maybe it DOES cause erectile dysfunction and memory loss.....and I just can't remember it!) ;) :D

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Good luck in getting off hydromorphine without going into a detox facility. It is like oxycontin and addictve as hell. All the drugs were are talking about are addictive to some extent. The anti-depressants are not really addictive like a narcotic, but they do have some effects if you stop taking them suddenly.

Wellbutrin SR 200 mg twice a day works really well. Controls my cravings for food, don't eat so much anymore. Don't get as angry either. Don't have rage which is great. Doesn't delay orgasms like Paxil, Prozac, and Zoloft do to the point that you loose intrest. But I also don't have a history of seizures so it's safe for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I`m taking Fluoxetine..suppose to be generic Prozac. It has delayed orgasm from 3 minutes to 3 days. Anyone else on this and do you know if it is okay to take with Nexium?

Cavman

I take lexapro for my PTSD and depression. Buspar works great for anxiety, (with very little side effects) ziprasidone to keep a level mood (no more anger attacks) and zaleplon for sleep. You just have to mix and match for the best effect for you. Keeping trying different medications till you find the right mix. Do not try more than one new medication at a time so you can watch the side effects. I was given three new meds at once and ended up with mouth sores and eye cruststation. (infection) Could not figure out which new med was causeing the bad side affects to be discontinue.

I`m taking Fluoxetine..suppose to be generic Prozac. It has delayed orgasm from 3 minutes to 3 days. Anyone else on this and do you know if it is okay to take with Nexium?

Cavman

I do not know if it is OK to take with Nexium. You may want to check with the VA or go to a local pharmacy druggist who can check it on the computer.

I take Fluoxetine (PTSD and other stuff), Amitriptilyne (for pain), Tramadol (for pain), Gabapentin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prasosin, Ezwtimbe, Omerprazole (stomach acid), Flunisolide (nasal solution), Refresh (for the eyes) and recently taken off Desipramine. I also take Loratadine because I am told I have alergies....

I don't know what alergies but my nose was broken in VN during an enemy contact and the MD says after 40 years, "Oh! You had a broken nose"... hahahaha Guess the only thing I am missing is a ballpein hammer to clonk myself on the head when I still cannot sleep at nights.

Steve