VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rvn Bluewater Vet And Ao Prostrate Cancer/ptsd

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta, I have a challenge. I am helping a fellow Vet whpo has had Surgury for prostrate Cancer. He also has Hypertension, ( Since Service) PTSD, and wort of all an Anurysm ( SECONDARY TO HTN)

I am doing the documets for him and walking him through the system.

He has the boots on the ground in Viet Nam as the record says he made numerous trips to Denang to retrieve Dead Bodies to put in the reefer on board the ship. Thus his PTSD claim.

Under Nehmer, What should the effective dates be for the Cancer, PTSD and Hypertension.

The Anyurysm should be 100 percent as it is measured very often and may be inoperable due to the location. If operable mortality rate is over 70 percent.

This man still works despite having a 5 lb weight carry limit.

Please advide, If you have spacifice, Please ffel free to PM or Email me.

John

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Unless he was denied by VA in a prior decision that predates the Prostate cancer regs-

and the prostate cancer was rated as NSC on the rating statement-his EED will be the date of his claim for all of these disabilities.

If the HTN is due to the prostate cancer (by medical evidence) there will not be problem getting that SCed or the PTSD.And the anyerism-if directly due to the HTN-by medical evidence if HTN is service connected or to the prostate cancer.

The Nehmer decision in this case only applies to his prostate cancer.

And what I see here is that -if this is his initial claim the retro will be to the date of this claim.