VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Edit Option

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Couldn't we have this edit button back please? I proof read and proof read, but these dumb mistakes sometimes, slip right past your brain.

I hate the be a thorn, but?

Josephine

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The edit was suspended because of abuse. I am pretty sure that it will be restored in the near future.

You're not alone, Josephine...ALL of MY posts require editing, often multiple edits!

Too bad a better way can't be found to deal with the "abusers" insead of penalizing the rest of us in addition.

Of course, we could just go-ahead and write mistake-ridden posts for everyone to plod through, but it would also make those who wrote it look like uneducated idiots even though we could have done better if we were able to Edit (the other posters who are too lazy to edit their mangled posts are a different story...and I usually don't bother to read them).

But it's not just a matter of reading more carefully before posting, some people have other issues -- in my case mild dyslexia -- and I need to take much more time editing a post than I do wrting it.

-- John D.

• HadIt.com Elder

John,

Sure hope that others post, as I noticed that I made an error in the post asking my question.

I don't consider myself a perfectionist, but I do feel rather dumb at times.

I know that I have been guilty of asking a question and then locating the answer and to save space , I will go in an edit and state that I have located the answer.

Always,

Josephine

The edit was suspended because of abuse

Nothing like the good ole Army punshiment system of gettem all while we can"! hahahaha

Pete - I am not the smartest ole fool but I ain't the dumbest either so I must ask how the heck can you abuse an edit button when it only allows you to edit your own posts????????

Come on guys if you have someone who abuses/violates the rules of engagement then suspend him/her. If it is a wide spread abuse problem then post a warning to all for some may not realize that their actions are considered abuse. Thanks