VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The United States Court Of Veteran Appeals

Rate this question

lamontino

Question

I filed an reconsideration with the BVA. I also was told to file the notice of appeal with the USCVA so I did that to, along with that I submitted my motion to advance the docket which was granted, to the USCVA. what else do I got to prepare to the uscva???????

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that at this point you need legal help. Surely you have gotten spme contect with lawyers at this stage.

Pete is correct -once you get on the CAVC docket you should hear from lawyers.

Did you follow the criteria at the CAVC website for the filing of the NOA? By all means ask them to waiver the filing fee- they usually do-

Berta,

Yes, I follow it and fax it to CAVC. I also included my granted motion to advance docket along with the fincial hardship form. I did in fact called the BVA to ask them if my filing of a reconsideration will conflict with my filing of the NOA they said No.Soo...Im hoping that was correct. Because thats what I did base on what I was told by the BVA.

Yeah it seems as a mess. BUt if I was to type all the stuff on here I will probably have to file a claim for my hands and for PSTD LOL :). In a nutshell, as I said before, IM being hoodwinked. And I going to win in time. I just have to put everything together.

Berta, You said something about a lawyer will contact me. THey will have the aurthoriy to settle my claim or continue to deny it???????

From what I have read on their website (CAVC).Lawyers from the BVA can do this. just wanted to know if that was true.

Pete is correct -once you get on the CAVC docket you should hear from lawyers.

Did you follow the criteria at the CAVC website for the filing of the NOA? By all means ask them to waiver the filing fee- they usually do-

I heard from 12 when I filed a Writ at the court- they will contact you-then you contact them and pick one.

Check them out at the CAVC and see if they have actually won any claims there or do what I did -ask them point blank for the dockets of cases they won and cases at the CAVC that they lost.

Then if you decide to hire one- they will discuss the fee arrangement etc.

You dont have to pick from who contacts you- there are plenty of lawyers who are qualified to rep you before the CAVC-I think the CAVC site has a list of them.

• HadIt.com Elder

So far, I have not heard of one lawyer who is representing vets in the initial stages of filing a claim after the NOD. Is anything happening on that front?

I need some number and names of lawyers that are really good and suggestions????

And hi I miss you all

:rolleyes:

I heard from 12 when I filed a Writ at the court- they will contact you-then you contact them and pick one.

Check them out at the CAVC and see if they have actually won any claims there or do what I did -ask them point blank for the dockets of cases they won and cases at the CAVC that they lost.

Then if you decide to hire one- they will discuss the fee arrangement etc.

You dont have to pick from who contacts you- there are plenty of lawyers who are qualified to rep you before the CAVC-I think the CAVC site has a list of them.