VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I've Won One Claim So Far

Rate this topic

DickC

• HadIt.com Elder

Way to go Dick, get your due and take care of yourself now. Congrats,cg

I got a letter from the VA today and they have awarded 50% for my migraines and 50% for my depression on top of the 10% for the tinnitus that I had already won. That means according to VA math that I am now 80%. I really want to say thanks to everybody for the information that is on this site. I have read the letter about 5 times and still can't believe it.

Dick

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Dick:

If you are happy than so are we. If you are not working you could be entitled to TDIU. Believe it or not the VA awards it to people who are over 65 not that I am implying that would be your case.

Many Veterans who do not know over look a lot of benefits.

Also if you stop working later you can apply for TDIU and unless they change it than it will be a slam dunk.

Hang around and help other Veterans.

Alright, congrats,

I'm working on my appeal on hearing loss and tininitus. For osme reason the audiologist put on my exam that my moderate to severe hearing loss was not caused from acoustical traumm. She diagnosed moderate to severe in right ear, a little less in the left. I had a buddy letter with the claim form a buddy worked side by side with form California. He told of the loud blowers and how we had to scream at each other to talk, the 5 inch guns caching you off guard when you were close. He is 80% percent SCed just on his hearing, of course he is almost deaf. They blew air in my ears as part of the test and my tinnintus has been much worse since. I sopke with and a guy who has 4 years experience in audiology. He told me don't ever let them do that, it is damaging to the ears. More damage and no percentage. What really blew me away the audiologist stated after the test. I'll write this up and they may send you for more test or they may just give you a rating. Go figure.

Danang_1969

Alright, congrats,

I'm working on my appeal on hearing loss and tininitus. For osme reason the audiologist put on my exam that my moderate to severe hearing loss was not caused from acoustical traumm. She diagnosed moderate to severe in right ear, a little less in the left. I had a buddy letter with the claim form a buddy worked side by side with form California. He told of the loud blowers and how we had to scream at each other to talk, the 5 inch guns caching you off guard when you were close. He is 80% percent SCed just on his hearing, of course he is almost deaf. They blew air in my ears as part of the test and my tinnintus has been much worse since. I sopke with and a guy who has 4 years experience in audiology. He told me don't ever let them do that, it is damaging to the ears. More damage and no percentage. What really blew me away the audiologist stated after the test. I'll write this up and they may send you for more test or they may just give you a rating. Go figure.

Danang_1969

The audiologist I saw said my hearing was "perfectly normal" upon discharge. The 2 audiograms in my service records spaced 3 years apart show different. Right ear is worse than the left. I took the numbers on my service audigrams and made a chart and submitted that with my appeal.

Dick