VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non - Service Connected Pension

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Morning to all you wonderful folks,

I am down to the wire on this thing. I have to reel it in. The Rating

Supervisor wishes more medical records from my Board Certified Internist.

As you all know claim is re-opened to 1978 due to " Psychiatric Records and letter by Commanding Officer and Personnel Records never acquired by VA.

The BVA is calling these Service Department Records never acquired.

Two C&P within 5 months of each other.

C&P # 1 - Anxiety not otherwise specified with depression - More likely than not that this veterans anxiety began in service.

Unemployable since 1983 due to high levels of anxiety. Pension for 100% for anxiety with depression

C&P # 2 - This veteran has a pension for 100 % for anxiety with

depression, but denied due to excessive and umemployable since 1983 due to high levels of anxiety.

AXIS - 1 Anxiety not otherwise Specified

AXIS 11 - Personality Disorder not otherwise Specified with borderline,

dependent and historian traits.

GAF - 40

Appears this veterans primary symptoms are those of a Personality

disorder. Anxiety did not begin or worsen in service.

Regional Office - Denied. One may be treated for an illness in service,but this does not always qualify them for service connected benefits.

***A personality Disorder is congenial and not paid for by the VA.***

ENTITLEMENT TO NON SERVICE CONNECTED PENSION

You are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation due to disability.

You are 59 years old, have a level of education reported as high school and last worked in 1983.

The evidence shows you to be disabled due to the disabilities of chronic anxiety/depression, headaches, diabetes, hypothyroidism, vestibular conditon inner ear condition, degenerative disc disease of L-4 L-5-S1,chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, total hysterectomy and chronic sinusitis.

WE HAVE GRANTED ENTITLEMENT TO NONSERVCE CONNECTED PENSION BENEFITS BASED

ON THE ILLNESSES LISTED ABOVE ,WHICH IS EFFECTIVE JUNE 26, 2003 , THE DATE OF YOUR CLAIM.

Do I need Dr P to connect these illnesses as being service connected to chronic anxiety/depression and headaches for which I have filed?

Thanks,

Josephine

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Josephine- as long as you have established and proven the nexis or service etiology (cause) for your anxiety -these could possibly be service connected as secondary by medical evidence.

"Do I need Dr P to connect these illnesses as being service connected to chronic anxiety/depression and headaches for which I have filed??

He could follow the "Getting an Independent Medical Opinion" criteria here under the search.

Many secondary disabilities can stem from an initial service connected one.

As long as the initial claimed disability is proven as due to or beginning in service-the other disabilities it causes or aggravates can be service connected.

• HadIt.com Elder

Please and I know that everyone has explained this several times and I have to been to ever search on the site the word Nexus?

Dr. C. Treating military doctor placed into my records.

Vascular v Tension headaches. Has had headaches every since the German Measles in Corp School. Caferfot ineffective Librium t.i.d.

When Dr. Jones, in March 1964 placed into my Psychiatric Records.

Staff Employee in consultation today for symptoms of nervousnes, fatigue, irratability.

Dis-satisfied with working conditons and living in the barracks. Has not liked the military since boot camp. Feels the recruiters lied to her.

When Dr. MCMahon placed into my psychiatric records - staff employee was sent by Dr. Jones in March 1964 and is present again with same complaints. Symptoms of nervousness, headaches and the same. Recommends early discharge due to unsuitability.

Commanding Officer - staff employee unable to perform the most menial task. She feels that the recruiters lied to her. She feels that the psychiatrist would not listen to her or help her and vented her feeling off to anyone that would listen. She feels that foul mouth people have viated her values. Recommends discharge by Unsuitability.

Letter from Dr. C. to explain his shorthand. Dated May 12, 2005. Added tranquilisher for anxiety to the veterans headache medication.

Supportive of discharge.

Buddy Letter of witness of swimmimg pool and abuse by physicians.

C&P - listed below.

Treatment and meds for nervousness, anxiety, depression and headaches from 1965 to date.

Please what is Nexus?

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Hope this helps a bit...cg

'Please what is Nexus?'

Nexus - connection or link associating two or more people or things

Steps to a well grounded VA disability benefit claim

1. Medical evidence of a current health problem.

2. Proof injury or disease occurred or aggravated during active military service.

3. Proof of nexus or L-I-N-K between #1 (Evidence) and #2 (Proof)

4. Essentially, the opinion of a doctor or other medical expert is needed to establish a medical link.(Nexus)

• HadIt.com Elder

When I filed my claim and got my records it was noted that I enetered without flat feet and left with flat feet. At my C&P the Doc asked if I had problems with my feet after I left the Military and I told him yes. He asked me specifically and I told him I had seen Docs a couple of times about pain and I also bought special shoes. He looked at my shoes and wrote up his C&P and I was rated 30%.

Part of your Nexus can include a short narrative of the problems that your conditrion had caused and how you had treated them.

Before I get jumped on I know that you need proof and the best way is a Doc's opinion that links it but it does not hurt to put it into something tangible that the Rater can see.

Nexus -in your case- as I comprehend the remand-

The proof that the servicewoman-who you wrote to Preident Bush about-drowned.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, do you mind if I ask what type of special shoes? I too have flat feet and wear out shoes regularly, just havent been SC as of yet. Advice is welcome; thanks for all you do here at Hadit, you rock.cg

When I filed my claim and got my records it was noted that I enetered without flat feet and left with flat feet. At my C&P the Doc asked if I had problems with my feet after I left the Military and I told him yes. He asked me specifically and I told him I had seen Docs a couple of times about pain and I also bought special shoes. He looked at my shoes and wrote up his C&P and I was rated 30%.

Part of your Nexus can include a short narrative of the problems that your conditrion had caused and how you had treated them.

Before I get jumped on I know that you need proof and the best way is a Doc's opinion that links it but it does not hurt to put it into something tangible that the Rater can see.