VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Moderately Severe Peripheral Neuropathy

Rate this question

Conecuh

Question

Does anyone have Moderately Severe Peripheral Neuropathy?

As proven by EMG test result.

To what degree does it affect you and what rating did the VA give for that.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have neuropathy non service connected and it gets worse. I suggest that you ask your Doc about gabapentin or Lyrica for neuropathy pain if it bothers you. I have had days when I could barely walk.

• HadIt.com Elder

Peripheral Neuropathy is a real bitch. If you don't have it you couldn't appreciate how much pain that is involved. Some days you don't feel like walking or even getting out of bed. You just eat pills & keep going. I fear that it doesn't get any better, only worse. Luckily I have it only in the feet & not all way up leg or in hands. Guess just another gift from Agent Orange.

Don

Peripheral Neuropathy is a real bitch. If you don't have it you couldn't appreciate how much pain that is involved. Some days you don't feel like walking or even getting out of bed. You just eat pills & keep going. I fear that it doesn't get any better, only worse. Luckily I have it only in the feet & not all way up leg or in hands. Guess just another gift from Agent Orange.

Don

Yeah I got that !!! one foot is worse than other and left leg numb to waist . I notice I walk differently now almost like stumbling sometimes . I have a hard time navigating on uneven ground now . THANK YOU AO . Sometimes have stabbing pain in toes when not even wearing footware.