VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va C-file

Rate this question

jmack

Question

Hadit Members:

Is it necessary to send your C-File to SSA for SSDI or does it matter? I am kind of confused here. I sent the authorization document in for release of information allowing the SSA access to my medical records from the VA. Should I have specified records at both the VA hospital "and" VA Regional Office? Do I need to request my C-File and send to SSA or do they automatically request them. I sent copies of the VA's decision of my 100% P/T award. Was this enough or did I omit something?

jmack

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

As I understand it, SSA requests what they need, and you gave them permission to do so with the form(s) you signed. (As well as the likely location(s) of the records. In theory, the VA regional office (VARO) should have a copy, and the VAMC may have a copy with most current medical records. SSA will go by what they get from the VA, unless there is some reason to do otherwise.

Hadit Members:

Is it necessary to send your C-File to SSA for SSDI or does it matter? I am kind of confused here. I sent the authorization document in for release of information allowing the SSA access to my medical records from the VA. Should I have specified records at both the VA hospital "and" VA Regional Office? Do I need to request my C-File and send to SSA or do they automatically request them. I sent copies of the VA's decision of my 100% P/T award. Was this enough or did I omit something?

jmack

Chuck is correct-

your C file remains at the VA-it is ALL VA medical records that the SSA needs and your award letter from the VA.

SSA will also possiby get your complete SMRs too.

They need your insefice pay records to develop the amount they award under SSA disability regs as well as your employee contributions to SSA.