VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Government Money Not Yours Personally

Rate this question

lamontino

Question

I keep hearing about vets this and vets that. LOok at the employees that work for the system. SOme of them could care two cents about you. In fact, they figure they only making alittle money why should you be granted being set for life (so they think). SO what do they do they make it hard for you like its their money.

And they should make a law against Government employees that commit fraud on real veterans of benefits rightfully theres. Changing files around, adding little notes on the files to destroy the claim, requiring vets to go to numerous doctors exams when there is suffcient evidence there in the c file to grant an award, than if they really dont like you and the examinator connects the dot and they dont like his decision they send you for another exam etc.....They just get a slap on the arm for denying a vet many many years of benefits rightfully their.

There is a such thing as "Time Served Prejudice".What I mean is, that there people out here whom think so what if you got hurt if you didnt make it out of basic training you shouldnt get a dime. They could even be the very vets that is suppose to be helping you.

Than they want to excuse someone of trying to get over on the system when the system got over on the vet.........lol.........Its real funny tho. How a person can laugh and grin in your face and pretend to want to help you but is destroying you in the background. I remember hearing a RO say to another Rater ""I rate base on what Side of the Bed I got out on"".

I think employee, trainers, RO, etc.....whom Tampers a clearly rightfully claim for benefits should be charge with FRAUD. I might even suggest that To my congressMan

Edited by lamontino

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

There is legislation pending that will hopefully change the benefit start date for compensation from 180 days active duty to 30. It has passed both house and senate and is pending the compromise process to make both versions of the bill the same. Since there is very little difference in them, you can expect it to pass pretty quickly and be before the President in the next 60 days. Absolutly prior to Jan 1 2008. The president will most likely sign it into law, as it stands.

I don't consider anyone that didn't evan pass basic training as a veteran. I'm not trying to say their bad or anything like that, but your just a recruit at that point and your not a Marine, Soilder, Airman or Salior. I'm mean what are they a veteran of? Doing some pull ups and sit ups for a month. That's just a slap in the face to all with have given years of their lives serving the nation and those who put themselves in harms way.

I also don't think veteran benefits should be giving to anyone who dosen't complete their basic training, especcialy in just 30 days. I think you should have to complete your basic at a minimum.

Anyone can lie to a recruiter and say they're ok, lie to the meps doctors, get in, do their 30 days and than go to medical, get compensated for life. With almost any medical condition that actually happened in your basic, you can heal and return to basic when your ready. You'll stay in a med platoon or you'll have the choice to leave. Alot of recruits choose to leave because they realize they don't like it.

I just think you have to serve to get these benfits. Just like at any other job in America, you benfits don't kick in until you complete your probationary time, usualy 90 days.

Hmmm...I understand what you are saying, but I have no problem with a basic/boot camp trainee who has a legitimate injury that was incurred during that training. On the other hand, I have no

sympathy for personnel who lie on their enlistment documents about eligibility and/or previous

medical problems. IMHO you have some good points though...

"I remember hearing a RO say to another Rater ""I rate base on what Side of the Bed I got out on.........They just get a slap on the arm for denying a vet many many years of benefits rightfully their(s)."

wrong. no slap on the wrist, no disciplinary action, no reprimand, nothing at all. it's a bureaucracy. there is no accountability.

"I think employee, trainers, RO, etc.....whom Tampers a clearly rightfully claim for benefits should be charge with FRAUD. I might even suggest that To my congressMan"

go right ahead. see if he listens. do you know what effect a congressional inquiry has on a claim? zip. nada. nothing. it only slows the processing of the claim down. the congressman has an intern write a letter to the va, the va pulls the file out of the "ready to rate" queue, writes a letter back, and the congressman notifies the veteran of the letter the va wrote. then he takes credit for "constituent service."

"There is a such thing as "Time Served Prejudice".What I mean is, that there people out here whom think so what if you got hurt if you didnt make it out of basic training you shouldnt get a dime."

yep. you know why? because we rate the cases of vets who went all the way to hell and back to serve their country. vietnam tunnel rats and LRRP teams, kids with no legs from an iraqi ied, old guys who hit omaha beach and never asked the va for a damn thing but a pair of hearing aids. and then there are the "vets" who never made it out of basic training, but they are right there demanding money for their damned shin splints, and IU as well. if there is such a thing as "time served prejudice" do you wonder why?

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure what workman compensation does for civilians injured during early employment stages of a job they're hired for. My thoughts, if a military member has sworn an oath (is under contract) and is injured during military training, military enlistment or commission, the employer is responsible, military or VA, in that case.

FYI, did you know that October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month? More power to people with disabilities who want to work! hugs, cg

• HadIt.com Elder

The military enlistment contract (classically) has so many "outs" built into it that the government/military can weasel out of almost anything it wants to. One of the classic examples is a clause in the old contracts mentioning "space available" for medical treatment. It was originally assumed and explained that this meant beds in a VA or military hospital. In later times, it came to mean that the government/VA has no funds to treat individuals with lower priorities on the VA's list. The military drastically reduced the number, size, and capability of many of the base hospitals, and changed many entitled veterans & service member families to Tricare.

I'm not sure what workman compensation does for civilians injured during early employment stages of a job they're hired for. My thoughts, if a military member has sworn an oath (is under contract) and is injured during military training, military enlistment or commission, the employer is responsible, military or VA, in that case.

FYI, did you know that October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month? More power to people with disabilities who want to work! hugs, cg

I disagree, Manitou Sprgs,entropent,oneshot in parts and some in whole statements and I affirm Cowgirls opinion.

BUt I really want to reply to entropent,oneshot. Theres alot of vets that go to the military with high intensions to do the right thing and they find out it was not for them. So they go by the apply in the very statutes to let one out of the military. Than you got the people whom just think they found a loop in the system (because they dont like it in the military) to get out with pay so they make up something AFTER they are granted a medical discharge with NO smrs what so ever. Understandably, they are denied benefits in the long haul

But to say a vet is not considerate a VEt because he only server a month or two is totally upsetting. I think if you all or anyone else here feels like you do as to what you wrote, you might want to consider RETIRING for helping peoples here. Because honey baby theres alot of people here that are afraid to say they only service the military for a short time or I know alot of people here whom have email me whom said "they was afraid to say in the forums that they only service the military a few days" but there profile states that they was in vietnam, desert storm, etc....when exactly they didnt do NOt even ONe TOUR in the theatre.

My job, is here to help EVERY VET AND NO ONE IS LEFT BEHIND. The has always be T Bird model for this site as well as others. Understandly, No one but a few of us even know if peoples are really telling the truth or not. In CADins is my Theory "IM HERE TO HELP ANY ONE THAT NEEDS HELP EVEN IF I HAVE TO STEP DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL".

Some vets are even scared to tell the truth because people like you all are "TIme Service Prejudice". BUt good, MEN like me (Traveling MAN) steps right in the crossfire to help people that need the help eXspecially my brother that served even one day. Because they might be afraid of replusive statments made like you all have written.

And as far as your statement,entropent, about "all the way to hell etc...." I would suggest you rethink what you said. ANd then ask yourself "if I went to basic train(which you already know back in 1968 they was putting recruits on the fronts 2-3weeks of basic)then went to war in about a week into service, basic. And they sent me to war on the fronts in which I did nothing but give out supplies. ANd everyday of which only consence of 4 days and you hear every day air attack alarms going off and bombs and weapons going off. You complain of earache an they access you and ship you back home within a day period of time. You get check etc.... you get out of the service and WHAM what your going to do now.....six years later..........you cant hear you suffer from tightening of the jaws etc....... IM sure now you get the essence of what I'M sayiing

Than you got to say to yourself "if I pass on threw the sands" and my wife is left behind. And you havent been married maybe a year. HEY guess what, she got to fight for benefits now to get up pay the bills.

Its alot and alot of stories that people dont wont to share on here because of people like your train of thoughts. Understandably, they lie here of them being vietnam vets etc.......to comfort themselves and eventally it comes out of the real thing why they are here FOr Help" I always tell them to get help get help ask and dont be afraid. In this very thread as you notice in people browsin this there only five responses but over a 100 views.

I have heard horror stories both of VETs that only severed a couple of days to 30 day to 20 years. And trust me. the military will not let you out with an honorable discharge just for jokes or lies. Thats called MEDICAL DISCHARGE.

The question is now are you two travelin Man???

LOdge#

Edited by lamontino