VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Government Money Not Yours Personally

Rate this question

lamontino

Question

I keep hearing about vets this and vets that. LOok at the employees that work for the system. SOme of them could care two cents about you. In fact, they figure they only making alittle money why should you be granted being set for life (so they think). SO what do they do they make it hard for you like its their money.

And they should make a law against Government employees that commit fraud on real veterans of benefits rightfully theres. Changing files around, adding little notes on the files to destroy the claim, requiring vets to go to numerous doctors exams when there is suffcient evidence there in the c file to grant an award, than if they really dont like you and the examinator connects the dot and they dont like his decision they send you for another exam etc.....They just get a slap on the arm for denying a vet many many years of benefits rightfully their.

There is a such thing as "Time Served Prejudice".What I mean is, that there people out here whom think so what if you got hurt if you didnt make it out of basic training you shouldnt get a dime. They could even be the very vets that is suppose to be helping you.

Than they want to excuse someone of trying to get over on the system when the system got over on the vet.........lol.........Its real funny tho. How a person can laugh and grin in your face and pretend to want to help you but is destroying you in the background. I remember hearing a RO say to another Rater ""I rate base on what Side of the Bed I got out on"".

I think employee, trainers, RO, etc.....whom Tampers a clearly rightfully claim for benefits should be charge with FRAUD. I might even suggest that To my congressMan

Edited by lamontino

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Chuck; Yes, the military contract is very honorable but at times seems to bend, tear, crumple, wash windows and adjust to whomsoever is interpeting it that moment I think. I dont recall that "space available" clause. but I do recall Career Counselors (extra duty looks good on performance report NCO's) trying to meet reenlistment quotas verbally promising free medical, dental, etc for life! What a hoot. I hear ya on that prioritization issue at hospitals, I learned the hard way veterans "rank" over retirees. I have had two different visits for similar things, hours versus minutes may save someones life someday! Not sure where that leaves family members, but I thank God husband has family insurance for kiddos and him.

The military enlistment contract (classically) has so many "outs" built into it that the government/military can weasel out of almost anything it wants to. One of the classic examples is a clause in the old contracts mentioning "space available" for medical treatment. It was originally assumed and explained that this meant beds in a VA or military hospital. In later times, it came to mean that the government/VA has no funds to treat individuals with lower priorities on the VA's list. The military drastically reduced the number, size, and capability of many of the base hospitals, and changed many entitled veterans & service member families to Tricare.

i will clarify my remarks, for lamontino's benefit.

if you enlisted in the military and two days into basic training you fall off an obstacle on the obstacle course and break your leg, and they put you out, god bless you, you are a vet and you deserve benefits for your leg. you would have served if you could.

if you enlisted in the military and didn't like it, spent more time on sick call for shin splints (seems it is always shin splints) than you did in basic training, and got out on an uncharacterized or developmental discharge, and then file your claim with the va to get money for your shin splints and the mood disorder you have developed secondary to the awful, awful pain, and by the way, you can't work because you are so depressed so give me iu as well, then no, you are not a veteran. you are a sponge.

veterans have honor. they gave up part of their lives to serve any way they could. they did what was asked of them whether they liked it or not. and whether they were rear echelon clerks or long range recon patrol bad asses, they are veterans who deserve their country's respect and honor. and if they have disabilities related to their service they should be compensated.

but to equate a guy who can't make it through basic because it is too hard and please give me money because it was so hard, with ANYBODY who makes it through to do WHATEVER their job is from pushing papers to standing tall in the line of fire, is to demean the term VETERAN.

as for your correspondents who tell you secretly that they were never in 'nam though they pretend to be, they should never be ashamed of the service they did give (as long as they are not sponges, see above). combat support and combat service support are indispensable parts of the team, without which the combat arms cannot function. it was the Peacetime vet that won the Cold War. every single member of the military who gave what they could was an invaluable part of the greatest, most powerful military force in the history of the world.

i don't have "time served prejudice," i have "time served respect."

WHy should SSI OR SSA take up the slake for an in service injury? Are you kiddin me........lol.......WAKE UP Soldier?

Maybe thats why you arent running the show in Washington. YOu maybe was trying but you did. How you feel about the 17-21 years old that gave their lives whom never got the chance to even experience life, have a family, buy a house, hell, to even experience pain.

You just cant stick a person out in "no-mans land" and expect for them not to get hurt. Minor pains I see being able to deal with. BUt when a person falls from a 13ft wall backwards and than twist his or her back and than falls off the platform pedstasl. Do you not call that serious? Than goes to sick call and all they get is a rectal examination and mortin. And than released back to FULL duty?

ANd like I said before if you arent here to help ALL VETS than you might want to hang your gloves up and RETire from here...

I THINK IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT THROUGH BASIC YOUR NOT A VET.SO I THINK IF YOU GET HURT THAT BAD,MAY BE SSI SHOULD PICK UP THE TAB.I'M NOT TRYING TO BE DISRESPECTFULL TO ANYONE.

You wrote,

yep. you know why? because we rate the cases of vets who went all the way to hell and back to serve their country. vietnam tunnel rats and LRRP teams, kids with no legs from an iraqi ied, old guys who hit omaha beach and never asked the va for a damn thing but a pair of hearing aids. and then there are the "vets" who never made it out of basic training, but they are right there demanding money for their damned shin splints, and IU as well. if there is such a thing as "time served prejudice" do you wonder why?"

Simply, you didnt chose the right words brother. And my mother always said what you say first is how you feel. BUt is more least unlikely that you meant what you said.

ANyways, As you can see, Im not here to try to inconveicne someone they arent a VET. Im here to help and to also help myself. I call people "leechers" whom just here for them and leave the other brothers and sisters behind. Not saying you. But I see it. They get theres and there gone from here without even donation to the site here.

It takes alot of time, energy, patients, and last but not less MONey to host a site like this. And still T bird doesnt ask for one DIME from No one.

So my advise to everyone here, be careful as to what you say or write because it might offend "ANYONE". Not just me theres alot of US in here.

BUt through it all the "ALL seeing EyE" will be the final judge of falsehood not US.

SalUte with neck, waist, and hands down

OBey ALL MORAL LAWS

i will clarify my remarks, for lamontino's benefit.

if you enlisted in the military and two days into basic training you fall off an obstacle on the obstacle course and break your leg, and they put you out, god bless you, you are a vet and you deserve benefits for your leg. you would have served if you could.

if you enlisted in the military and didn't like it, spent more time on sick call for shin splints (seems it is always shin splints) than you did in basic training, and got out on an uncharacterized or developmental discharge, and then file your claim with the va to get money for your shin splints and the mood disorder you have developed secondary to the awful, awful pain, and by the way, you can't work because you are so depressed so give me iu as well, then no, you are not a veteran. you are a sponge.

veterans have honor. they gave up part of their lives to serve any way they could. they did what was asked of them whether they liked it or not. and whether they were rear echelon clerks or long range recon patrol bad asses, they are veterans who deserve their country's respect and honor. and if they have disabilities related to their service they should be compensated.

but to equate a guy who can't make it through basic because it is too hard and please give me money because it was so hard, with ANYBODY who makes it through to do WHATEVER their job is from pushing papers to standing tall in the line of fire, is to demean the term VETERAN.

as for your correspondents who tell you secretly that they were never in 'nam though they pretend to be, they should never be ashamed of the service they did give (as long as they are not sponges, see above). combat support and combat service support are indispensable parts of the team, without which the combat arms cannot function. it was the Peacetime vet that won the Cold War. every single member of the military who gave what they could was an invaluable part of the greatest, most powerful military force in the history of the world.

i don't have "time served prejudice," i have "time served respect."

Edited by lamontino

"I remember hearing a RO say to another Rater ""I rate base on what Side of the Bed I got out on.........They just get a slap on the arm for denying a vet many many years of benefits rightfully their(s)."

wrong. no slap on the wrist, no disciplinary action, no reprimand, nothing at all. it's a bureaucracy. there is no accountability.

And here, in a nutshell, is the reason most of us have to beat our heads against a wall. Until this changes, we'll all have to keep fighting the VA over asinine decisions and absurd reasons and bases for denials. And that change will be when hell freezes over...