VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssd Rejected

Rate this question

waynekn

Question

Called SS ofice today to check on claim status was told it was rejected, I have left a message for my Attorney to file an appeal, SS is sending me the papers, this is 2 time denied. Is there away to speed up process, down to $165 and 1 remaining unemployment check. Wife is already drawing SSD but can't pay bills with it.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, there is a way. You must go to the SSA office, sit down with them and tell them you have some real problems.

They can write to your creditors and explain the situation and request that the creditors forstall your payments, etc.

But, you gotta get down to the SSA and let them know. Take bills, etc., with you.

Most states will also offer some aid. Get the SSA to get you with the state human services dept. They are usually on a "first name" basis with the person "in the know" at the state offices.

There IS some help out there.

I wish you the best of things and luck with the SSA.

Waynekn, first let me say I'm very sorry to hear this and I've heard it before. I know what your going through. I have been going down this road except for drawing Unemployment, to SSA this mean you are employable and later on down if approved in court you date of back pay will be your last Unemployment check you received, yes thats right I'm very surprised your lawyer did not inform you of this. I am severely disabled and was told after my second attempt at SS that I could still talk and could be a doll stuffer among other ridiculous things. I am presently waiting on a 2 year back log of cases before I am up, put simply "NO" unless you are dieing or paralyzed from the neck down there is no way in hell to speed it up. drawing unemployment was a big mistake, showing any kind of income hurts your case. This show that you are able to work in SSA eyes. Sorry but this is how it works as I said before it doesn't seem fair it because it isn't. Hope you get in to court with in a year or so this is your only hope. Good Luck RC

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that you might ask Lawyer if he can speed it up. I know it looks back but you would be amazed at how things can work out.

Good Luck

Do you have any medical evidence to support they are wrong in order to appeal this?

A lawyer would need to have that too.

The SSA has a specific criteria for every disability- it isnt the same as VA's.

You should call them for a copy of their criteria and match your evidence to it.

Also there are many SSA forums on the net and perhaps there someone can give you additional advise.

BETRA, i found out that the diagnosis by the VA with chronic PTSD was not included in last appeal so I guess i can address that when I go before adminstrative law judge. My wife draws disability now and is applying for SSI. My lawyer is pushing for die need to speed up things and I am working with Conressman Snyder from my state, will also contact contact Sen. Linclon and Pryor. I am also trying to expidite my Va claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello waynekn

one remaining unemployment check?

You can't recieve unemployment checks unless your fit for work and actively seeking work.

You can't recieve a disability check from SSA unless your disabled and unable to perform work.

Social Security will not approve your claim untill you have been unable to work for one year. Being fit for employment falls somewhat short of being completely disabled to the point you can not even do sedentary work.

I guess what Im trying to say is, maybe drawing an "unemployment" check isn't the way to prove your completely disabled.

As far as expediting your claim. If you have been notified that you have a terminal illess? Than you may be able to recieve expeditious treatment.

Allan