VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lou

Rate this question

windy city

Question

Just got of the phone with the Dav rep. talked about my denial for Lou of lower extremities and his reply for the denial was that a person haves to be wheelchair bound or be an amputee. I informed him that a wear bilateral leg braces and that one of my service connected disability was causing lou and his reply good luck because it was not going to get nowhere. What a way to help these are people that you pay a life membership to join the Dav and this is how they help you. I requested to change this guy and was told they could not. Ever since I have this guy is nothing but denials I feel he is all for the VA and nothing for the vet. Need advice on this one from people that are experts in this area and like to know if this guy right or wrong and a possible way to get rid of this guy so he will not be my rep. at the Dav.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"Need advice on this one from people that are experts in this area and like to know if this guy right or wrong and a possible way to get rid of this guy so he will not be my rep. at the Dav."

I suggest you send a letter to the DAV National Service Director, Edward Reese Jr at Disabled American Veterans, PO Box 14301, Cncinnati, Ohio 45250-0301 and tell him what you told us. The NSO is wrong and these SOs who dont have a clue should be reported - they are not just giving bogus info to you as one single veteran-they make this a lifestyle and give wrong information to many others.

Also to revoke a POA- send a certified letter to the RO and also to the NSO C/o the DAV.You can tell them why in the letter or you dont have to say why you are revoking.

Edited by Berta

I presently receive 20% each for my left leg and arm, and I wear a one piece brace on my left leg....this was given because of a stroke I had in 96, due to Agent Orange...Your going to have to get a letter from a doctor stating " In my best medical opinion Mr-----lou problems have manifested from his( Put in your approved disability here) and it is likely as not that the lou is a result of the (put in your approved disability)...GOOD LUCK....

Sixthcents, thanks for *excellent* information about LOU. I thought maybe someone with severe lung or heart disease would qualify due to imbalance and poor circulation in legs and feet, along with easy fatigue. You clarified a lot for me here. Your post is definitely a keeper. Much obliged!

BTW, is there a document or resource available to research the application of the criteria for rating, such as what you did here for LOU?

Edited by morgan

Sixthcents, thanks for *excellent* information about LOU. I thought maybe someone with severe lung or heart disease would qualify due to imbalance and poor circulation in legs and feet, along with easy fatigue. You clarified a lot for me here. Your post is definitely a keeper. Much obliged!

BTW, is there a document or resource available to research the application of the criteria for rating, such as what you did here for LOU?

You guys are the best not only on the knowledge but also inspiring vets to fight for what they have earned through sacrifices which do not come easy. I am going to appeal it and I am also going to call my private doctor for an IMO stating whats going on. I do not intended to continue to waste my time with the Va health care all they do is ignore you and give you medications that at the end hurt you more than curing you. Sixthcents I have your e-mail and I hope that you can help write my NOD for the LOU and thanks to everyone that responded to my topic and God Bless all of use.

Check out the 38 CFR 1114 regs here:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t1876.html

and also my post for Getting an Independent medical opinion here:

The IMO has to meet this criteria and the regs might help the doc too:

http://hadit.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t10048.html