VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disabled Vet License Plates

Rate this question

Sgt eve

Question

I received my disabled vet plates today. I'm not trying to sound greedy at all but when I filled out the form I put down both of our cars, since I drive both and they both are in my name. Will those come at a later time? My registration is already due and and I don't want to get a ticket but I don't want to pay to get the other car registered and then the plates come in. Any experience in this anybody? Thanks so much.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I received my disabled vet plates today. I'm not trying to sound greedy at all but when I filled out the form I put down both of our cars, since I drive both and they both are in my name. Will those come at a later time? My registration is already due and and I don't want to get a ticket but I don't want to pay to get the other car registered and then the plates come in. Any experience in this anybody? Thanks so much.

If you are approved for vet plates you should have something in writing stating that for you to get the plates. My suggestion for you is to not pay any registration but keep copies of your letter or memo authorizing you the vet plates. I know here in my state, we will be reimbursed for registration if we provide proof of the entitled benefit. Perhaps you should contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles in the meantime.

jmack

• HadIt.com Elder

In Texas the Veteran can have two sets if the vehicle is registered to them but the second set cost the same as all the others. The first cost 3 bucks and the other one is usually a little over 50.

:) AZ is a cheapo! $25 for the vet plate and it is only ONE vehicle, so of course you use it on the newest car because that will be the highest. AZ is a rip off on plates. The plates if you want prestige (your name or whatever on the plate) will run $50.

It all depends upon the state. Tennessee allows 2 vehicles for free registration and plates. They cost nothing and you are not required to pay wheel tax on either of them. Afetr that you can still get vet plates but they are not "permanent" and cost the same as anyone else's.

I actually was stopped because the cop said my plates were expired. I had to explain what "perm" in the registration sticker spot meant.

Again, this varies by state...

It all depends upon the state. Tennessee allows 2 vehicles for free registration and plates. They cost nothing and you are not required to pay wheel tax on either of them. Afetr that you can still get vet plates but they are not "permanent" and cost the same as anyone else's.

I actually was stopped because the cop said my plates were expired. I had to explain what "perm" in the registration sticker spot meant.

Again, this varies by state...

the person who made this original post is a 60% rated veteran. in new mexico, veteran (not disabled veteran) are the same price as regular plates.