VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Does The Va Make Me Sign For This Med?

Rate this topic

I get all of my VA meds via the mail. Only one requires me to sign for it. When I get the registered notification form the Postal Service, I have to drive there and sign for it.

The med is only the generic ambien - zolpidem tartrate. It is not even as strong as the name brand ambien. Why does the VA treat this med as a controlled substance. My spouse happens to take this and she gets it for only $10. So what is the big deal?

I have not been asked to sign a med contract nor have I said I will do anything alarming...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Class type sedative/hypnotics (mind altering)

Possible diversion during the shipping process?

It might be illegal (in my state) to drive to get it if there is a detectable level of it in your bloodstream.

I get all of my VA meds via the mail. Only one requires me to sign for it. When I get the registered notification form the Postal Service, I have to drive there and sign for it.

The med is only the generic ambien - zolpidem tartrate. It is not even as strong as the name brand ambien. Why does the VA treat this med as a controlled substance. My spouse happens to take this and she gets it for only $10. So what is the big deal?

I have not been asked to sign a med contract nor have I said I will do anything alarming...

Edited by Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

Can I tell you something about ambien? It can cause amnesia. I take it and it has caused amnesia in me at least twice. Watch out when you drive if you are taking ambien. I almost had a wreck a few days ago due to that stuff being in my system from the night before.

• HadIt.com Elder

Call the pharmacy and ask them to send FedEx so you can sign at your house and that you should not be driving.

The reason you have to sign for it is because of classification of drugs that if has been assigned. I used to take this drug and it made me eat in the middle of the night. I would get up, not really awake, and eat whatever I could find. A roll, a donut, deli meat from the fridge, just anything. Then, I'd go back to sleep. Sometimes I would remember it and sometimes I only knew it happened because of the mess I would leave. I didn't like that part of the drug, but it helped with the nightmares and I was able to get some rest. I have 4 meds mailed to me. I have to sign for one of them. I have never signed a narcotic contract with the VA either and I never will.