VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Berta

Rate this question

Christopher

Question

You are one of the people who's posts I have read most often.

And there is a reason for that. You are to the point and on it.

Anyways..I might be needing some specific advice from you in the near future...I know that you will give it your best cause I have read a lot of your tips.

More to come after I hear the response to my IRIS complaint.

By the way..when I enlisted..I hailed from NY..Long Island..raised and educated...Friggin Northport was a mental institution when I went there for my within 6 months dental appt. after my break in service.

I mean there were Nam guys chasing imaginary whatever on the flowing landscape. I was swatting nit-nats off of me just sitting next to Vets in the waiting area.

I in no way mean to belittle my fellow Veterans...it was just very scary...that was back in 1993.

I must say in my experiences(which are many) at the Temple VA...I see none of what I saw back in 93 in L.I.

I am a newbie here so go easy on me!

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Chris:

Berta is a very busy lady and she is on the point and posts a lot of info with good backup and places to check it out. However, she has had some problems with a few Veterans on this site and rarely answers email or does PM's.

My suggestion is to post your questions and hopefully you can get the help you need and if posted it may help other Vets who are shy about posting themselves. I can't prove it but I think every post answered may help dozens of Vets and because this site is archived it goes back for years.

The search hadit function on the front page is a gold mine.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Chris,

Just want to let you know, there are some of the most knowledgable people that you will ever come in contact on this site.

By all means, please post your questions on line, even if you think that you may sound dumb, as it will indeed help those, in fear of posting.

I come off pretty dumb lots of time, don't mean that I am though.

If I am help another veteran, to not make the mistakes that I have, then I have been blessed.

" There is always more than one way to skin a Cat!"

Always,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Chris:

I am not worried I was just letting you know that you may or may not hear from Berta she is pretty swamped and has earlier written on Board that she is going to have to cut down time here but thankfully she has still been pretty active.

Berta dug in and learned a lot the hard way. She studied and took courses and spent money for reference materials to make her one of the best here at Hadit. I wish I knew half of what she does.

There are a number of people who post on Hadit and help out that are very knowledgeable in certain areas. As you read you will see and if bad advice accidently gets on this Board it is usually corrected.

But in the end evidence is what wins VA claims and a knowledge of how the system works and most here have been screwed over by the VA and are willing to share with fng's

Berta is the most knowledgable, considerate and caring veterans' advocate I have ever encountered in my nearly 40 years of dealing with VA matters. I would not have an IU rating or ever have heard about ChampVA had it not been for her. You can take what she says to the bank. It is no wonder that she is such a busy lady, she has Veterans coming out of the woodwork because they know she knows what she is talking about.

She saved my wife and I from bankrupacy and never asked a single thing for her efforts. Yep, I put her on a tall pedistal, as that is where she belongs, IMHO.

jaz