VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Va Policy Coming On

Rate this question

Berta

Question

It is not unusual for the VA to sometimes award large amounts like this-

I helped a vet whose retro and award was close to this amount-

claims in the system for over a decade and ultimately granted and successful CUE claims as well as siggnificant retro for Nehmer class Action AO vets certainly surrorts the fact that VA does make large awards from time to time.

I sure dont understand how this retro procedure can possibly be changed but apparently VA is trying to change it-

once the VA starts to really resolve the backlog-I bet many large retro awards are produced to vets in the system for over a decade already-

http://www.vawatchdog.org/07/nf07/nfOCT07/nf101307-1.htm

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

It is not unusual for the VA to sometimes award large amounts like this-

I helped a vet whose retro and award was close to this amount-

claims in the system for over a decade and ultimately granted and successful CUE claims as well as siggnificant retro for Nehmer class Action AO vets certainly surrorts the fact that VA does make large awards from time to time.

I sure dont understand how this retro procedure can possibly be changed but apparently VA is trying to change it-

once the VA starts to really resolve the backlog-I bet many large retro awards are produced to vets in the system for over a decade already-

http://www.vawatchdog.org/07/nf07/nfOCT07/nf101307-1.htm

This is an interesting read. I just wanted to bump it so others would take a peek.

After reading it, I am just wondering if Josephine's situation might fall into this somewhat? I have not taken the time to read the particular's of her case. But if her claim goes back further than eight years, it might. Just a thought. Thanks Berta!