VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is Your Opinion Of Lorazepam

Rate this topic

Just getting ready to start a new medicine to keep me a little bit calmer, keep me from getting so angry and feeling full of "rage" sometimes , and for anxiety. Any opinions or comment from anyone who has taken it or currently taking this drug? I would be happy to hear your opinions.

jmack

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I really don't see any difference between lorarapam and apralazom. Its a good med for what you said are why you are medicating. I did not know that the VA would prescribe it cause it is much more expensive?

I've taken both. I prefer lorazepam because it lasts longer and it is slightly less addictive. I take it pretty much for the same reason you do. It is a godsend, but be careful.

The best advice I ever got about both of these medications is to take only when you really need to calm down; do not just take it regularly, like blood pressure medication, otherwise you'll have develop tolerance and have to take more to get the same effect, and that's when you know you're headed for trouble. My doctor said to take it 'maybe 20 days out of 30' .

They are both available in generic and stocked in the VA formulary.

I really don't see any difference between lorarapam and apralazom. Its a good med for what you said are why you are medicating. I did not know that the VA would prescribe it cause it is much more expensive?

Thanks Pete