VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Post Operative Diagnosis?

Rate this question

yelloownumber5

Question

What does this pre-op and post-op diagnosis mean? I do have sleep apnea but it was diagnoses 2 1/2 years after retirement and the below is while on active duty. I did search and find many meanings for ssa with nasal dyspnea, daytime fatigue.

"Clinical diagnosis and history:

38 YO male with alternating nasal dyspnea and daytime fatigue presents for septoplasty and poss turbinectomy.

Pre-Operative diagnosis: SAA

Post-Operative diagnosis:

Operative findings: SSA

Post-Operative diagnosis: SAA"

Serum Amyloid A?

If this does equate to a sleep apnea, this diagnosis while on active duty and my sleep study will be sufficent for a claim?

Thanks,

y#5

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Another question from this............

"Nasal Septal bone and cartilage:

Multiple fragments of grossly unremarkable bone and cartilage"

I was denied claiming my deviated septum and lost the NOD because I could not show trauma but this should show there was trauma of some sort to the nose causing the deviated septum, right? It was actually from a car accident, however, the only documentation was for one lab test (urine test because they Navy Legal Services Office were going to make me pay for the vehicle that was totaled if there were substances present) and was addressed as multiple abrasions on arms and hands. No where in my medical record I have any medical appointments for a follow up from this accident, strange. No documentation of any kind of trauma, however, years later I did tell a few doctors but still denied trauma.

thanks much.

Doesn't "unremarkable" in the context of a medical narrative summary mean of little to no signficance, little evidence of, not notable, that kind of thing? I'm just looking at this the same way the word was used in my husband's medical records.

I've never seen the words "grossly" and "unremarkable" strung together like that. Were they trying to say they found miniscule fragments of bone and cartilage, but that it wasn't significant damage?

You may need an independent IMO from an ENT.