VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Was I Mishandled By My Congressional Office

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

:rolleyes: Hi all out there who can input your opinions or advice,

My soul mate my husband of 29 years has PTSD- several diagnoses by the VA_SS_and outside psychs.-claim opened in l998- VA says PTSD- Verified stressor (which was submitted for 2 years before they denied for it,)- on SSDI-NSC PENSION FOR IU-in After all the back and forth- sought out Congress. help- VA sent IU form in 04/07- Congressional aide said they didn't need it- they already had the info.-told him we never had received that form before--after working closely with us- he said everything was in no further evidence. was needed- then he quit or transferred- and now we are back where we were when we first met with him! Transferred our papers he had to a liasion in DC--last month she said we did need that to be submitted- we did thru her--half of the important papers I gave to the old C-aide weren't even in his folder of ours--so I brougt te new aide up to snuff with the claim ans re sent everything important--we have been waiting on a DRO HEARING FOR 4 YEARS--now the VA admits PTSD- and finally verified stressor- and then sent IU form--we just asked C-Aide to help us move foward, not backwards--it has been since 1998- now the DC aide- says everything is on the DRO's desk--but it has been for 4 years!!! ???????? Any advice-- my husband feels they are waiting for him to leave this earth- and he wants to give up on living--and I try to keep him going his PTSD gets even worse with every VA letter

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

You can get a status via the Iris system -just go to the VA web site and use the Contact US form- and ask for email reply as to the status of his claim -to confirm it is with a DRO.

In my opinion C aides dont have a clue on this stuff- is there anyway you can acquire a vet rep from AL or VVA or DAV-MOPH who has office right in the same VARO building?

If the Congressperson has your POA how will they possibly be able to deal with a DRO?

At this point his claim might well go fast -mine just went to a different DRO after 4 1/2 years- the other DRO I had never read my evidence.

Hard to say- at least you can confirm that it finally is with a DRO.

If no one appears as your POA the DRO will contact your husband directly if needed.That might even be better than trying to get a vet rep at this point but I would still try to do that if I were you.

I called VARO back when I got this recent news because I have VAola paranoia and dont believe what they say most of the time- but it was true.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

MrsVet:

Its a sorry system and many have felt just like your husband. The VA is not the least bit Veteran Friendly when you are dealing with a claim that has been mishandled for years.

Berta gave you good advice

Welcome to Hadit

Thank You for your replies-- finally tracked down the first C-aides # today-he left the office because they said he was too foward and wanted answers from the VA. He was on our side after all, and he quit for that reason amongst others-- I will do the IRIS email-neverknew that-- We had the DAV as POA but they had no idea of this very complicated case. We had the VVA as well over the past 9 years-and a lawyer also,basically I have kept research and records and gotten this far- spoke to a man from

Vet to Vet and he said get in touch with the PA Dept of military affairs-- will call them tomorrow- when they send the IU form - doesn't that coincide with SC for PTSD?

I will not give up- I believe we are very close- when I called the 800 # they said there is something for Nov. showing in their screen--we'll see!! God Bless,