VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Denied For Medical Bills # 2

Rate this question

jessejames

Question

I wanted to separate this even though this is for the same Veteran I wrote about in the last Post. This Veteran had been in the local Hospital prior to the episode mentioned with Kidney failure due to a kidney infection. The Hospital filed the radiology bills and sleep therapy bills under Medicare Part B. He had NO Medicare Part B, never gave them anything but his Part A Card. I called Medicare Part A and they said they were responsible for payment for radiology and sleep therapy (a sleep apnea machine) while he was in the hospital; as seen here on their site http://www.medicare.org/content/view/15/49/ The widow received all these radiology EOB's from Medicare Part B denying payment so she called the number on the Statement and the company said they would NOT re-file under Part A under any circumstances and that SHE was liable for payment. They told her if payment was not made within 30 days, the Bills would be turned over to a Collection Agency, so she paid them....against MY reccomendations. Is there any way for an individual to file these Bills to Medicare Part A, I am meeting with her later this week and planned on calling Medicare Part A and see if they could just contact Part B and get the Bills transferred. This is a screwed up system, it's a wonder anything works. By the way I decided I had enough of Walmart Pharmacy with the waiting in line, TAKE A SEAT attitude and NEVER a simple Thank You, so I took my 2 prescriptions which are paid for Federal OWCP to Medicap Pharmacy this time. Walmart had been charging OWCP over $400 per month for the 2 prescriptions which I've been taking for over 10 years. One is a generic and one is brand name...at Medicap the EXACT medicines were $279 per month, saving over $130 per month....which over a 10 year or longer period of time is not pocket change. I e-mailed Walmart for an explanation, but they haven't answered....maybe I was helping pay for those $4 prescriptions?????

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I wanted to separate this even though this is for the same Veteran I wrote about in the last Post. This Veteran had been in the local Hospital prior to the episode mentioned with Kidney failure due to a kidney infection. The Hospital filed the radiology bills and sleep therapy bills under Medicare Part B. He had NO Medicare Part B, never gave them anything but his Part A Card. I called Medicare Part A and they said they were responsible for payment for radiology and sleep therapy (a sleep apnea machine) while he was in the hospital; as seen here on their site http://www.medicare.org/content/view/15/49/ The widow received all these radiology EOB's from Medicare Part B denying payment so she called the number on the Statement and the company said they would NOT re-file under Part A under any circumstances and that SHE was liable for payment. They told her if payment was not made within 30 days, the Bills would be turned over to a Collection Agency, so she paid them....against MY reccomendations. Is there any way for an individual to file these Bills to Medicare Part A, I am meeting with her later this week and planned on calling Medicare Part A and see if they could just contact Part B and get the Bills transferred. This is a screwed up system, it's a wonder anything works. By the way I decided I had enough of Walmart Pharmacy with the waiting in line, TAKE A SEAT attitude and NEVER a simple Thank You, so I took my 2 prescriptions which are paid for Federal OWCP to Medicap Pharmacy this time. Walmart had been charging OWCP over $400 per month for the 2 prescriptions which I've been taking for over 10 years. One is a generic and one is brand name...at Medicap the EXACT medicines were $279 per month, saving over $130 per month....which over a 10 year or longer period of time is not pocket change. I e-mailed Walmart for an explanation, but they haven't answered....maybe I was helping pay for those $4 prescriptions?????
These Collection Agencies that call people are a big joke. If one calls U all U have to do is say " Oh, I'll get him/her & lay down the phone & go watch the TV. What they need to do is get a real job. I told one one day he wasn't a manager & hagot all irrate & I told hiim if he was a Manager he would have better control of his emotions. He got mad & hung up. ha GARY